Survival Games

XIII

DayZ mod, not the garbage standalone. Its pretty fucking addictive but you can lose weeks in the game and not really get much done. 7 Days to die is probably the only minecraft like game out there that is actually pretty good, i dabble in that from time to time, sadly whenever big updates come out they tend to mess up your saves. Rust is a pile of broken garbage.

• 2 weeks later...

I started playing  dayz mod not long after its release. I still long for the good old days when not everyone killed on sight, and bandits were actully frowned upon, to the point where everyone would group up and try take out a bandit squad if one was lurking about (for those that came in from standalone, there used to be a global chat, so you could type to anyone). It's the game that really got me into pc gaming. I would say that's really when dayz peaked and has never gotten back to there for me. Everyone just kills on sight now and has basically just turned into wasteland. I still play all the mods but the closest that has come to touching the original mod is the arma 3 breaking point mod. 

I have tried rust, h1z1 that dinosaur one and a bunch more but couldn't really get into them. Once you lived through the good old days of dayz, nothing really compares.

I have always poo pood the standalone but I must admit it is gradually getting better as a game, but the shoot on sight mentality ruins it for me. I enjoy a fire fight, but I also enjoy the player interaction, not knowing if I should trust a person or not. 

I started playing  dayz mod not long after its release. I still long for the good old days when not everyone killed on sight, and bandits were actully frowned upon, to the point where everyone would group up and try take out a bandit squad if one was lurking about (for those that came in from standalone, there used to be a global chat, so you could type to anyone). It's the game that really got me into pc gaming. I would say that's really when dayz peaked and has never gotten back to there for me. Everyone just kills on sight now and has basically just turned into wasteland. I still play all the mods but the closest that has come to touching the original mod is the arma 3 breaking point mod. 

I have tried rust, h1z1 that dinosaur one and a bunch more but couldn't really get into them. Once you lived through the good old days of dayz, nothing really compares.

I have always poo pood the standalone but I must admit it is gradually getting better as a game, but the shoot on sight mentality ruins it for me. I enjoy a fire fight, but I also enjoy the player interaction, not knowing if I should trust a person or not. 

Ahh a2 Dayz mod, loved that game to bits, especially vanilla.

Have you tried A3 Exile Reborn? It's a hardcore version of exile with minimal base building. It put the tension back into the mod for me, which was great.

I've recently dived back into the Forest and it's been about 9months since I last played and the game is so much more polished, addicted to it big time

15 hours ago, XIII said:

Ahh a2 Dayz mod, loved that game to bits, especially vanilla.

Have you tried A3 Exile Reborn? It's a hardcore version of exile with minimal base building. It put the tension back into the mod for me, which was great.

I've recently dived back into the Forest and it's been about 9months since I last played and the game is so much more polished, addicted to it big time

Tried exile but not a fan, can't get into it. Been playing a mod called edict which is very like original arma 2 mod.

Ahh but reborn isn't exile, it's more like the vanilla Dayz mod, just with exile assets, bases are hard to grind out so it's down to the old school hide tents everywhere and hope you don't loose all your stuff

• 1 month later...

Archived