New rose manager

Rick Stewart

Todd Lumsden already appointed, not sure why there is a delay in the announcement.

When were all the interviews done. According to the local paper the shortlist was only getting done at the committee meeting on Monday.

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

When were all the interviews done. According to the local paper the shortlist was only getting done at the committee meeting on Monday.

He met with officials on Tuesday I believe and was offered the post on a permanent basis.

13 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Well?

Not bad, how's yourself?

Odd appointment if true, wont he be seen as part of the failed McGlynn era by most fans?

I genuinely believe Todd would be a good appointment for Linlithgow, as long as he was helped with his recruitment. Ultimately he failed in his time with us, but he was fine in terms of his ability to pick the correct starting 11, make the right substitutions and the right tactical changes during a game. I also believe he is a good trainer and that while he struggles to properly motivate a team it's not like he is particularly disliked by those he has worked with previously.

The main thing that let him down with us was his recruitment - he struggled massively to get the standard of player we needed through the door and his contacts in the game overall seemed fairly poor. If he has someone alongside him who knows the junior game and the players involved, as well as being able to attract players who've been released by SPFL teams I think he'd do a good enough job.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Can't believe what I'm reading Simon. He picked the right 11 because he only had one.

He's completely useless as shown by his time with us and Albion Rovers. A school teacher that would be best left coaching bairns.

Do you maybe want to expand on your opinion and tell us your thoughts on his in game management, his man management, his training etc?

If you think he's completely useless, why not explain why you think this?

Without taking this off topic - right now I would say that Todd had far better in game management than Dick does, but Dick has a FAR FAR better squad of players than Todd could have ever dreamed he'd put together.

Do you maybe want to expand on your opinion and tell us your thoughts on his in game management, his man management, his training etc?

If you think he's completely useless, why not explain why you think this?

Without taking this off topic - right now I would say that Todd had far better in game management than Dick does, but Dick has a FAR FAR better squad of players than Todd could have ever dreamed he'd put together.

You only think that though because we have so many better options. I think Dicks game management has been perfectly fine I've no idea what you're even getting at, seem to have stemmed this all from him bringing on a defender with 5 minutes left when we were winning.

I understand why people are disagreeing over it because arguably all the players we have can now come on and affect the game. That's just an/your opinion though.

Todd barely had 11 half decent players to put into the team in the first place, everyone seemed to agree with the starting 11 because if it was anything other than the 11 put out the drop off in terms of who else we had was huge. f**k, we only had 13 players in a match day squad at times. Also showing how completely useless he is. The amount of players we had come in and out of the door was nothing short of shambolic.

If we weren't allowed loans we wouldn't have been able to field a team some weeks. I heard plenty in regards to training and the way he handled players, hence the school teacher comment. Ramsay in game being subbed after 15 minutes because he dared shout back at him probably the worst example of it.

He lost the plot, the players and the fans after 3/4 months and his management of the club was the worst I've ever seen and nothing short of a disgrace.

Think you're usually pretty fair and on the mark with most things you say but the fact you can talk this guy up to another club after what happened last season, and even with his time at Albion Rovers is baffling to me!!!

32 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

There's an interview with John Gemmell that's worth a listen to, it was before last season IIRC. Good few minutes discussing Todd and actually telling us how we would have a shite season because of him before a ball was kicked.

37 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You only think that though because we have so many better options. I think Dicks game management has been perfectly fine I've no idea what you're even getting at, seem to have stemmed this all from him bringing on a defender with 5 minutes left when we were winning.

I understand why people are disagreeing over it because arguably all the players we have can now come on and affect the game. That's just an/your opinion though.

Todd barely had 11 half decent players to put into the team in the first place, everyone seemed to agree with the starting 11 because if it was anything other than the 11 put out the drop off in terms of who else we had was huge. f**k, we only had 13 players in a match day squad at times. Also showing how completely useless he is. The amount of players we had come in and out of the door was nothing short of shambolic.

If we weren't allowed loans we wouldn't have been able to field a team some weeks. I heard plenty in regards to training and the way he handled players, hence the school teacher comment. Ramsay in game being subbed after 15 minutes because he dared shout back at him probably the worst example of it.

He lost the plot, the players and the fans after 3/4 months and his management of the club was the worst I've ever seen and nothing short of a disgrace.

Think you're usually pretty fair and on the mark with most things you say but the fact you can talk this guy up to another club after what happened last season, and even with his time at Albion Rovers is baffling to me!!!

I would file the majority of your issues with Todd as recruitment issues, understandably - I completely agree his recruitment was utter shite. At a different level, if he had someone who knew the junior game and the standard of player required at the top end then I think Todd could work well with them, based on the way he handled things between 3PM and 4:45PM from what I saw. We're never going to agree or get close to it regarding this, so I say we settle for agreeing to disagree ;) If not, I will be on lunch shortly as I'm sure you will be and we can meet up outside the Westport Bar for a square go ;):guntoting

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

There's an interview with John Gemmell that's worth a listen to, it was before last season IIRC. Good few minutes discussing Todd and actually telling us how we would have a shite season because of him before a ball was kicked.

I remember listening to that and making a post about how much of a fanny Gemmell was and how idiotic his predictions were about us finishing 6th or 7th.

In a sense, I was right..... we finished 9th :lol::(:(

Archived