Friendlies games

As we seem to only have two away games planned for the next year, is there likely to be any away friendlies arranged?

four days after we visit Wembley, England have a friendly with Spain.

i haven't heard anything about any other games being arranged for Scotland.

Nope. All is well in the Scotland camp. Why bother playing and trying to improve upon perfection?

As we seem to only have two away games planned for the next year, is there likely to be any away friendlies arranged?

four days after we visit Wembley, England have a friendly with Spain.

i haven't heard anything about any other games being arranged for Scotland.

Why is this post making coherent sense and seems to be almost grammatical perfect???
Not like a normal CMB post at all!!![emoji848]
Anyway as to the question, the less games the better at the moment or our ranking will be up there with Togo and the Caymen Islands!!!

The SSC email recently saying England is the last game of 2016 would suggest we won't have a November friendly. From a rankings point of view not playing this time round is more than likely a good thing but I don't think Strachan cares about that based on some of the previous friendly matches we've played. 

Guest DAVIDB69
The SSC email recently saying England is the last game of 2016 would suggest we won't have a November friendly. From a rankings point of view not playing this time round is more than likely a good thing but I don't think Strachan cares about that based on some of the previous friendly matches we've played. 

Strachan wins have mainly come in friendly games if I am not mistaken .

His competitive record is awful. When we used to qualify it was good results in competitive but rubbish in friendlies

Just now, DAVIDB69 said:

Strachan wins have mainly come in friendly games if I am not mistaken .

His competitive record is awful. When we used to qualify it was good results in competitive but rubbish in friendlies

My point about Strachan is nothing to do with winning friendlies or not, it's to do with who we play and when. Some other countries are much smarter about who they play and sometimes not even playing a friendly at all due to the impact it can have on their ranking. Strachan has already saod in the past he doesn't really bother about it even though ultimately it could make his job of qualifying for tournaments easier.

My point about Strachan is nothing to do with winning friendlies or not, it's to do with who we play and when. Some other countries are much smarter about who they play and sometimes not even playing a friendly at all due to the impact it can have on their ranking. Strachan has already saod in the past he doesn't really bother about it even though ultimately it could make his job of qualifying for tournaments easier.

And I'd bet the lack of a friendly next month has nowt to do with planning. I imagine Strachan hasn't even thought about it and the SFA chaps all just stood back, shrugging, too timid to press the issue.

Archived