Preston Athletic v Montrose

endieinreekie

I'm going to be heading to this on Saturday with a few workmates. We plan on partaking in few ales at the Goth. |s the ground close to the Goth? Are there any other watering holes in the vicinity? What are the facilities like in the ground? Are we going to get papped out of the cup before it has even begun at the hands of another non-league team? Okay, we all know the answer to the last question but your input to the others would be gratefully received.

A Game we should really be winning.Quick look at the preston website and the only name that springs to mind is a ex "Lea" player!!!Our cup runs have been honking lothian thistle,Turrif lets hope preston aint next on the list.

8 hours ago, endieinreekie said:

I'm going to be heading to this on Saturday with a few workmates. We plan on partaking in few ales at the Goth. |s the ground close to the Goth? Are there any other watering holes in the vicinity? What are the facilities like in the ground? Are we going to get papped out of the cup before it has even begun at the hands of another non-league team? Okay, we all know the answer to the last question but your input to the others would be gratefully received.

They have a wee bar that sells cheap cans inside the ground wi cheap good. 

Prestonpans British Legion is behind the goals aboot a 1 min walk from ground. 

Big park wi big slope. 

Preston no having best of seasons and would expect you to beat them but like you say it is the Scottish Cup. 

On 10/19/2016 at 23:08, HibeeJibee said:

That's the home of Preston Lodge RFC.

Stands are slightly differently appointed (and post-vandalism Preston Athletic's stand now has metal bench strips not individual plastic seats):

PrestonAth001.JPG

3817234_325aeedd.jpg

Before the grounds got done up both used to be the other way round, football ground was where the rugby ground is now.

I'm almost glad I can't get to this, we've been piss-awful against 'diddies' in the cup lately (Fraserburgh, Edinburgh City, LTHV, etc), and any kind of win today no matter how ugly will do.

*watching anxiously from afar*

What happened was that Mo were 3 up  and Preston were finished. A few bad tackles started flying in and as the Ref all game was shall we say intolerant it was not a good idea to put in a few iffy tackles or be mouthy at the Ref, Preston did both. The first red was a bad tackle which deserved red, the second I think was mouthing after another bad tackle and the third was for mouthing after the final whistle. The Mo got two injuries earlier on following bad tackles before the red cards came out and as the away side had to be very careful themselves with a card and whistle happy Ref. Preston finished the game with 9 men then the other red was after the final whistle. None of the reds affected the result as all were in stoppage time I think.

Overall Montrose deserved the win but squandered many other chances especially first half. Against any other opposition they would have been punished for that - but a wins a win.

Montrose easily deserved this one. Could have been a much different outcome had Preston scored their penalty. Typical from a prestonpans team though. Getting humped so may as well blame everyone but themselves and start getting sent off.

Archived