Rovers v Peterhead

When was the last time we went into a game against Peterhead as probable favourites?

Knowing Rovers this is the kind of game we struggle in, on the back of a good away win at Livi last week. If we play as well as we can then we should win, however Peterhead picked up a decent win at our neighbours last week and will be looking to build.

Il go for a 2-1 win, McAlister no doubt scoring for Peterhead.

P.S. - I watched the under 20's the other night, Gary Fisher put in a very dominant performance (granted he was the most experienced and powerfully built player on the park). I'd love to see him back in the first team. Kyle Turnbull also played about and hour and McManus about 70 mins

1 hour ago, sam2304 said:

When was the last time we went into a game against Peterhead as probable favourites?

Knowing Rovers this is the kind of game we struggle in, on the back of a good away win at Livi last week. If we play as well as we can then we should win, however Peterhead picked up a decent win at our neighbours last week and will be looking to build.

Il go for a 2-1 win, McAlister no doubt scoring a double for Peterhead.

P.S. - I watched the under 20's the other night, Gary Fisher put in a very dominant performance (granted he was the most experienced and powerfully built player on the park). I'd love to see him back in the first team. Kyle Turnbull also played about and hour and McManus about 70 mins

FTFY

Just in case anyone is interested, there is a new bar in the Gordon Dishington Lounge within the stadium.  It has a selection of drinks and it opens at 1.00PM until kick off and then again at 5.00PM - 6.00PM.  Turnstiles will be open at 1.00PM so you can access the Lounge.

Bad day at the office. A real tough physical game by both teams. Peterhead probably edged the first half, not much in it though. Paul Willis and Ross Dunlop going close for Rovers

2nd half was much the same, slack passing from Rovers proved to be our undoing. The goal was a real penalty box 'stramash' with Brown eventually pulling the trigger for Peterhead, although I thought Stewart was unlucky not to save it.

Lots of high balls from Rovers, all very well if Willis and Stewart are going to be on the end of them, however they seemed to be mostly directed towards Wallace and Boyd, the Peterhead centre backs had an easy afternoon in that respect.

So not great overall, however I thought we defended well, Peterhead won the midfield battle, Wallace and Boyd were having to create stuff for each other rather than much service coming from Ferry and Davidson.

For next week I'd drop Willis and move McBride up front and bring Turnbull back in at left back. Oh and Fisher in for Davidson or Ferry please.

On 19 October 2016 at 15:12, sam2304 said:

Il go for a 2-1 win, McAlister no doubt scoring for Peterhead.

Poor game. The worse side lost. Praise for Jordan Brown for perseverance after missing a few opportunities. Peterhead and ourselves should be safe in mid-table. I agree with Sam that Willis isn't earning his automatic starting place. If Fisher is to start next week, it probably should be Davidson who misses out - Ferry's been good in the last few games. Today, I didn't really understand what the manager was trying to achieve with the late substitutions and throwing Mick Dunlop forward. Why not put the boy Archibald on?

Well played Peterhead who were the better side in the second half. Probably the worst I have seen us play this season- last week's win was a bonus but our home games are our bread and butter. Disappointed that Fisher was on and like Bold Rover was struggling to see the manager's logic with the late substitutions

Poor game. The worse side lost. Praise for Jordan Brown for perseverance after missing a few opportunities. Peterhead and ourselves should be safe in mid-table. I agree with Sam that Willis isn't earning his automatic starting place. If Fisher is to start next week, it probably should be Davidson who misses out - Ferry's been good in the last few games. Today, I didn't really understand what the manager was trying to achieve with the late substitutions and throwing Mick Dunlop forward. Why not put the boy Archibald on?

I may be hasty in criticising Ferry, he has indeed played well against Airdrie and Queens Park (I missed the Livi game). I prefer it when Davidson plays a bit further forward but I don't see him dropping Boyd (nor should he). I just feel Fisher is our best defensive midfielder and has more bite about him than Davidson does.

Archived