Lions Vs Wasps

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Good result, difference between the sides today, the forwards, apart from that it was a fairly even contest. 

First 10 minutes we could've been 3 up but failed to take any chances and after that I felt Alloa edged it. 

2nd half we played a lot better, took the game by the scruff of the neck and went for the win, it took a fortuitous 1st goal but after that 2 sublime finishes by Buchanan has sealed the game.

Alloa won most of the 2nd balls but lacked any kind of cutting edge in the final 3rd, was a boost when Hill went off, always pretty solid and the boy who came on was 5 yards behind the line everytime and made it easy for us to play down the channels.

Good 3 points but that's all it is, Alloa will continue to pick up points and won't go away, big game again next week at Brechin who as we seen earlier in the season are a good side. 

Hopkin out this week ? 

Yeah pretty much how I saw it!  spence did not have his shooting boots on today or it could have been different  Buchanan certainly did! but goodwin must sort out the heads going down when we are losing , but livi how do you lose to other teams and play so well against us ? ?

5 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Yeah pretty much how I saw it!  spence did not have his shooting boots on today or it could have been different  Buchanan certainly did! but goodwin must sort out the heads going down when we are losing , but livi how do you lose to other teams and play so well against us ? ?

Because you try and play football unlike albion and Queens Park who play with 10 men behind the ball.

1 minute ago, Liviguy said:

Because you try and play football unlike albion and Queens Park who play with 10 men behind the ball.

Exactly.

The teams we've struggled against have been tight and compact leaving no space behind them for us to play those balls in behind, and we've really struggled to find a way through.

Alloa on the other hand have tried to play football and take us on at our own game, leaving spaces for us to capitalise on. 

I think the teams that we really put to the sword earlier in the season, Stranraer, Stenhousmuir etc will be much tougher opponents next time out because they will try and sit in and frustrate us which has been so successful for other teams so far.

3 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Exactly.

The teams we've struggled against have been tight and compact leaving no space behind them for us to play those balls in behind, and we've really struggled to find a way through.

Alloa on the other hand have tried to play football and take us on at our own game, leaving spaces for us to capitalise on. 

I think the teams that we really put to the sword earlier in the season, Stranraer, Stenhousmuir etc will be much tougher opponents next time out because they will try and sit in and frustrate us which has been so successful for other teams so far.

Yes except from stenhousemuir I still don't know what they where trying to do against us when we pumped them.

10 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

I See. we need to do that too then...:-)  cant see it though , our defense is looking dodgy these days ! mind you !

I'm assuming Ben Gordon has been recalled by St Mirren ? 

Disagree that we've gone backwards. Ludicrous statement actually. I'm not disputing the end result today but Spence's goal counts, it's a different game & same with his chance. Quite a few defensive mistakes/hesitations that should've been capitalised upon as well. Longworth & Donnelly pretty ineffective off bench. Would like Isaac back, gives a lot more off bench. I get the point about Goody dropping back and Holmes coming in, that'd be my option as well but Goodwin is 10x more effective in midfield. Scullion is there to do that type of job, out of his depth I think yes. But no point paying his wage if we're scared to put him in for 45mins. Missed Flannigan again today. He orchestrates everything, need him back asap.

About Buchanan. The word legend gets thrown about far too much. He's a cracking player and for us, he was unbelievable. 18 or so goals in a team kicking about the bottom. Legend? Nah. Hate playing against him as he always scores. Superb second finish from him. Also, apart from his cross De Vita was fairly quiet and don't think it was a 'stand out' performance or anything like that which I saw on twitter.

Why would Spence's goal count ? It was offside, our defender played the ball off your player which ends up at Spence who is offside, I'm happy to be proved wrong with highlights but that was my initial thought and couldn't believe the stick the linesman was getting. 

Tbf to De Vita that's his first game in months, thought he was sluggish no doubt about it, but anyone could see from a few of his touches and that brilliant pass through to Buchanan for his first that he is a class act for this division, with game time and as fitness improves he should prove a very valuable signing. 

3 minutes ago, Liviguy said:

Can anyone shed some light on who that rather large alloa fan with a white jumper who started arguing with a steward after our second goal?.

Saw him too, seemed very angry and I'm sure I even saw him invite a steward outside for a fight. 

5 minutes ago, Liviguy said:

I think I seen him at the tunnel just on half time screaming at the teams.

He ran down to the front at one point to have a go at someone, possibly the linesman, only to be told to sit down by an older lady in the Alloa support, he slumped down in the huff lol

Archived