ICTFC v KFC 22/10/2016

Hopefully we can bounce back after a somewhat disappointing performance against Rangers last Friday when Killie come calling this weekend. With Vigurs still yet to have a good game since his hat trick against Dunfermline many weeks ago, Polworth continuing to be a bit 'meh' when played wide and Doran / Mulraney impressing on Friday night in their brief cameos fingers crossed Richie lines up along these lines (depending on injuries):

OFW
McKay Warren Meekings Tremarco
Tansey Draper
Doran (or Mulraney) Polworth King
Fisher

Our record against Killie is actually quite good in Inverness. Only one defeat in our last fifteen so we've every reason to be confident on Saturday. Mindful of this I am saying 2 - 1 to Killie.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's about time we actually got an away win  against Inverness. Hopefully we continue on from our Meh Derby win and get another win and a clean sheet. 

I'm hopeful for a 1-0 win, but I've got a feeling a 1-1 draw will occur. 

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Can't see a result for us here, but hope springs eternal..

Maybe if that horrible sash confuses them, they might think we're another rangers tribute Act, and we could scam a result?

^ ^ ^ Celtic minded type post

1 hour ago, CityDave said:

I remember being at that game - the home end was absolutely packed.  What's not shown there is the Kilmarnock goal that never was.  A Killie player (who I've since forgotten) rifled a shot against the cross bar, it bounced down and came out again and he went off celebrating, only for play to continue.  The highlights later showed the ball was a good foot over the line.  Think this is the only time Killie wore their home kit at the Caley Stadium as well.

Andy McLaren wasn't it? We played Killie in a Cup game a season or two later and he was sent off in that game for a wild swipe at Paul Sheerin (I think) who had nutmegged him.

4 hours ago, RiG said:

Andy McLaren wasn't it? We played Killie in a Cup game a season or two later and he was sent off in that game for a wild swipe at Paul Sheerin (I think) who had nutmegged him.

Aye that's right. Xausa put us ahead in the replay but Killie equalised pretty much right away and Hastings sold the jerseys (not like him :whistle) and dived in and gave away a spot kick, duly hammered home by Paul Wright.

I remember being at that game - the home end was absolutely packed.  What's not shown there is the Kilmarnock goal that never was.  A Killie player (who I've since forgotten) rifled a shot against the cross bar, it bounced down and came out again and he went off celebrating, only for play to continue.  The highlights later showed the ball was a good foot over the line.  Think this is the only time Killie wore their home kit at the Caley Stadium as well.

Am I right in thinking the replay was abandoned in the first half due to a frozen pitch and then replayed the following week?

7 hours ago, Worktheshaft said:

Am I right in thinking the replay was abandoned in the first half due to a frozen pitch and then replayed the following week?

Yeah and I think there was a bit of a stooshie about Killie apparently not turning on their USH for the game for some reason (or they turned it on later than it should have been).

I could well be totally wrong about that but I seem to recall some discussion about the noise from the system affecting nearby residents so it wasn't put on for long enough.

I was down at both replays.  The abandoned one and the actual one.  Horrific journeys as I remember.  Think I was actually colder at the one that did actually finish.

Archived