Crystal Maze

Jack Burton

Anyone watch the Crystal Maze one off episode on Channel 4?

Merchant wasn't as good a host as O'Brien and the games were dumbed down compared to the old show. Watched one of the old shows and they got 4 crystals after 14 or so games plus got two locked in. The celebrities were pretty successful compared to that.

Would still like to see the show return as there is nothing like it on telly just now.

2 hours ago, locheedfcno1 said:

Thought merchant was really funny? Used to love crystal maze. Hope gets a new series. Michelle keegan was looking hot. That athlete guy was useless though eh ?!!

He did win one of the crystals. What else did you want him to do?

I thought Stephen Merchant was great and it's a shame he's not going to be the permanent host.

I agree a few too many of the tasks were easy, though the original always had a few easy ones as well.

In the crystal at the end you could also clearly see how much the gold tokens outnumbered the silver ones. I'm assuming this is because it was for charity and will change in the normal episodes.

• 8 months later...

Bumping this after Friday nights return

I thought the sets looked great and the games were on a par with the originals. Richard Ayaode was really good as the host too

It was let down badly by the "celebrities", though. A bunch if idiot no marks with no personalty whatsoever.

High hopes for the rest of the series with normals though 

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

My boss was the one that got locked in, I'm looking forward to going back to work on Tuesday emoji23.png

:lol: I would have done the exact same thing as him on that game. I wonder if the girl in green realised that she had her arm like a teapot every time Richard was talking to them? It looked really unnatural :lol:

3 hours ago, alang1993 said:

:lol: I would have done the exact same thing as him on that game. I wonder if the girl in green realised that she had her arm like a teapot every time Richard was talking to them? It looked really unnatural :lol:

Said the exact same thing to my brother :lol:

14 hours ago, Stu said:

Said the exact same thing to my brother :lol:

It started catching on, as her twin was subconsciously doing it as well(but not as often). The teams reaction to realising she had to do a riddle :lol: 

" I physically can't do riddles"

Also, the bit with the cannon, "it might not look like it, but I'm trying my best". I'm pretty sure she winded herself using the cannon, as she hadn't worked out the firing mechanism was elastic:lol:

Also, the guy that said he had a photographic memory and then asked the team to remember the sequence for him:huh: :lol:

Archived