Partick v County - 22/10/16

25 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Wish I never bothered. Predictable as f**k.

No idea how it's the middle of October and the majority of our squad are blowing out their arses by half-time. We should've had that game dead and buried but we arsed it up again. Have seldom seen a side as poor as County were today since we came up, yet we still never took three points, and were it not for a jammy save from Scully at the end, we would've had none.

Aside from his final ball, Elliott had a decent first half, and Barton strolled it. That's about the only positives I can take from it. Second half we absolutely shat it (again). Welsh and Osman slow our play down so much which is a nightmare when we're trying to hit teams on the break. Edwards cannot tackle at all and gives away so many needless fouls. Every week we stand off player and let them run through, and it was Ziggy Gordon (again) who let that happen for the goal. Chris Burke came on and completely took the piss out of our defence.

Absolutely fuming at our inability to see games out. Back to where we were the year we came up. 

I remember when people used to defend Donnelly when he would slow the game down to a snail's pace and call it "intelligent".

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Looked like Booth's fault, to me. Backed off Burke for about 30 yards. Ziggy didn't come into close him down either, but it was Booth's man originally.

That makes sense. Burke took the piss out of Booth from the minute he came on. Our defence generally is a shambles. Shame if Lindsay is out for a while since he was just starting to come on to a game. 

1 hour ago, stillresigned said:

I'll listen to no more idots telling me we're playing well and not taking our chances. Quite simply we're not good enough!

We played okay and didn't create many chances. First half was solid and we made County look poor.

Maybe I'm mad or just completely apathetic to us chucking away results now, but I'm a bit more encouraged by today.

Two of the  main issues from previous weeks have been Devine being shocking, and Gordon failing to support us going forward. Granted you have to take into account the poor quality of opposition, but the set-up today seemed to better accomodate Devine and Barton into the team, and Elliott pushed forward and won us a few corners (even if his final ball was lacking).

Lindsay's injury disrupted the balance of the backline and Welsh also took a knock after which he shat out of every tackle going, but otherwise we looked far more disciplined. I wish we'd lined up like that before today, but that should now be our formation going forward until at least January.

We still have nothing going forward though. Azeez was a handful physically, but had no one to play off him as Doolan was anonymous and the offensive quality of our central midifeld is way off. As I said last week, our best hope is to try and job out a few results until January, when we can hopefully patch up the squad a bit.

15 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Maybe I'm mad or just completely apathetic to us chucking away results now, but I'm a bit more encouraged by today.

Two of the  main issues from previous weeks have been Devine being shocking, and Gordon failing to support us going forward. Granted you have to take into account the poor quality of opposition, but the set-up today seemed to better accomodate Devine and Barton into the team, and Elliott pushed forward and won us a few corners (even if his final ball was lacking).

Lindsay's injury disrupted the balance of the backline and Welsh also took a knock after which he shat out of every tackle going, but otherwise we looked far more disciplined. I wish we'd lined up like that before today, but that should now be our formation going forward until at least January.

We still have nothing going forward though. Azeez was a handful physically, but had no one to play off him as Doolan was anonymous and the offensive quality of our central midifeld is way off. As I said last week, our best hope is to try and job out a few results until January, when we can hopefully patch up the squad a bit.

Pretty much how I feel tonight. Today was back to October 2105 when we were decent and losing games.  

Did the Thistle fans sing boring boring County?

Couldn't face the trek today, last Saturday drained a few weeks worth of enthusiasm from me.

How did Dow and Burke do? 

McShane and Woods, surely Routis in there with either of them would be better?

Saw pics of Jackson Irvine in the away end, sigh.

35 minutes ago, StuartTaylor said:

Did the Thistle fans sing boring boring County?

No, for the majority you didn't have any of the ball, really. Not even meaning that as a dig, but County did pretty much nothing for about 90 minutes and were then too busy trying to win the game to be boring while we retreated further and further back.

2 hours ago, Snakebite said:

Done a c**t of a job so far this season, but hes beyond criticism almost. Whilst Canning has been getting hounded by wee diddy Accies and their fans for well over a year and they're pretty much on a par with us.

If by pretty much on a par with us you mean they are better than us then that's spot on. We are a fucking shambles yet the management haven't done anything to sort it all season bar try 3 at the back today against a team that hadn't scored in over 6 hours.

I have nothing against Liam Lindsay as a person and I'm glad he seems to be OK, but it would have been worth an investigation into our transfer policy if he had been seriously injured and we had to play Gordon for the rest of the season.

Not much to disagree with, County were the worst team we've faced in ages but didn't panic when going behind as when the board went up saying "9 minutes" the panic went from the JH to the players and we ended up clinging on for a draw against a team that hadn't done anything prior.

Thought the Curran challenge on Welsh was a definite red but the ref had long since decided he was being lenient.

Doolan, as much as I love the guy, is as good as a man short at the moment. Barton is pretty much ideal for the role he played today but I wouldn't have Gordon anywhere near the pitch, Elliott is better for that.

10 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Doolan, as much as I love the guy, is as good as a man short at the moment.

Yep, he had another stinker yesterday. Whilst it's easy to point the blame at Devine, Gordon and Welsh (justifiably, btw) for our poor performances, there are numerous usually-reliable regulars who just simply haven't shown up this season. Doolan and Lawless being the primary culprits, with Osman and Booth nowhere near their level from last year either.

On 17/10/2016 at 11:41, tintax said:

Big game klaxon.

We should sound a fucking air raid siren on the 80th minute of our games :(

Seemed a smaller than usual following from the Staggies, 199 official count. Any particular reason?

Find myself disagreeing with Fuctifano on one point: I think the anxiety is being transmitted form the pitch to the stands, not the other way around.

Burke's introduction is an indication that County will spend their way out of trouble again.

Speaking of Burke, I found it bizarre that he was cupping his ears to the North Stand after his goal. I always think it's fair enough with the likes of Kris Boyd and Scott McDonald, who have both done the same recently, as we're usually singing about them being fat b*****ds, cheats, etc, but nobody gave a shit about Chris Burke when he came on.

Ripped us apart in his brief cameo, tbf.

31 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Burke's introduction is an indication that County will spend their way out of trouble again.

Roy's call obviously, but I'm not convinced he will let McIntyre waste any more money, unless it's on a decent central midfielder.

12 minutes ago, StuartTaylor said:

Roy's call obviously, but I'm not convinced he will let McIntyre waste any more money, unless it's on a decent central midfielder.

We'll swap you Sean Welsh for Davies? :whistle

Archived