Partick v County - 22/10/16

Big game klaxon.

Six games without a victory for County and four without even scoring a goal.  Expecting a big improvement on recent performances and for both Dow and Burke to start.  Another defeat for County, without scoring and the pressure will start to mount on McIntyre.

Discuss..

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an interesting one. County weren't particularly bad on Saturday, they just caught us on a good day. Partick...f**k knows about Partick...

If Partick turn up, it'll be a damn good game...The same could be said for County. Can see County sneaking a win; fair play, Gardyne is a good player, and I think he'll penetrate the Thistle defence.

Confidence is not high at the moment with no strikers, a pish midfield and a defence that's generally not too bad unless McEverley decides it's time to do something daft. I'd be happy to come away from Glasgow with a point.

3-0 Partick and McIntyre full of bluster yet again.

He'll replace the full backs and Franks, and bring in the utterly hapless Dow to support the equally non-prolific Curran, who'll get sent off, leaving Dow to play 55 minutes on his own.

Or, Boyce somehow makes a miraculous recovery and Dow, like Chow, never darkens the team bus again, and County sneak a 0-1.

County:

Fox

McEveley

Davies

Quinn

Cikos

Gardyne

Woods 

Routis

Burke

Dow

Curran

Thistle to win 2-1. Despite Danny Devine's best efforts, County's forwards won't be able to seize on many of the myriad of chances he'll gift them. Lindsay will score a header which he seems to quite enjoy, and Lawless to score before tweeting something offensive.

Either that or it'll be about 3-0 County and we'll be bottom again.

It all depends on whether Thistle persevere with the current back four. If they do it's difficult to predict the scoreline beyond saying its likely to feature at least two goals for County. I'm wondering at what point Archie will decide that the Lindsay/Devine partnership isn't gelling, and that it's time to try moving Barton backwards or even Gordon into the centre. Having said that, I'm still of the opinion that the squad is far better than our current league position suggests, and that there will come a point where things begin to click. I just don't know when. 

Archived