ITV Racing Confirmed Line Up

H Wragg

Hoiles certainly isn't bad, he just isn't as good as Simon Holt. Unlike yourself, however, I'm glad to see the back of Tanya, never a TV natural and obsessed with talking about "bookies' satchels".

Good to see Brough Scott back, shame Alasdair Down couldn't have been dusted down as well.

Hoiles certainly isn't bad, he just isn't as good as Simon Holt. Unlike yourself, however, I'm glad to see the back of Tanya, never a TV natural and obsessed with talking about "bookies' satchels".

Good to see Brough Scott back, shame Alasdair Down couldn't have been dusted down as well.

I did a bit of Googling and it seems ITV chose Hoiles because Holt was linked to Channel 4 too much for their liking.

Surely the one person you'd want to make sure you take with you is the guy who's voice is synonymous with racing on the telly if he's deemed to be good at his job which he almost universally is as far as I'm aware anyway.

Hoiles is OK as you say but he's a poor man's Holt in my opinion.

Perhaps with me it's just because Holt is is one you associate with big races and Hoiles more with a Tuesday afternoon shitfest at Plumpton.

I remember being unimpressed for a while when Holt took over from Graham Goode as the main man but he quickly grew on me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived