Junior Cup

Thathanka Iyothake

Back Again ,In my opinion  having seen all the East super league teams with exception or Bonnyrigg and Broughty 

I feel that the our league is full of mediocre teams . Sad to say even as early as October the EAST League appears to be A 2 Horse race.

How bad is that for the game ?  Although there are  EAST teams who will have an extended run in The BIG CUP , I now Predict,

that the BIG TROPHY will stay in the WEST !    ( T.I.)

West team's seem to have bigger budgets? Team's in the east do well just to survive. East used to do really well in Scottish tayport where a force. Lithgow boness and kelty are big teams. My team Lochee knocked out hurlford in the first round this year. Auchinleck the team to beat. Great set up and good fan base. Agree the east is weaker though.

West team's seem to have bigger budgets? Team's in the east do well just to survive. East used to do really well in Scottish tayport where a force. Lithgow boness and kelty are big teams. My team Lochee knocked out hurlford in the first round this year. Auchinleck the team to beat. Great set up and good fan base. Agree the east is weaker though.

Which folk would stop saying Talbot are the team to beat. We are good but now not the best. It's Beith and Pollok who are the main men this year

1 hour ago, Geordie Blastie said:

A wins a win............Right now we'd take 13 in a row !!!!

I know, was just being a dick.

teams that win on pens usually have a wee bit of confidence about them so I suppose it says something about their character that they won it.

They're the form team, it's still very very early to be suggesting they'll do a Leicester, but best of luck to them trying

When in recent times you speak of trying to win the SCOTTISH cup then you need to be at least on a par with Auchinleck Talbot , they've got their mantle for a reason and every club tries to emulate them season after season in the Scottish cup , regardless of them maybe having a few wee bad bits of form of late they're still the role model in the Scottish cup due their excellent amount of wins in it . 

Don't think anymore at Rob Roy has said we would do a 'Leicester '.

A trophy any trophy and top six finish and wee run in Scottish is a brilliant season for us.

Rob Roy definitely have the potential. They are in the same position Troon where last year.

I fancy one of 3 teams this season:

1) Beith, massive confidence and experience from last seasons campaign. Very difficult to beat at home and a side with a lot of big game experience.

2) Kelty Hearts, fantastic start to the season. A lot of ability within the squad and similar to Beith, top quality experienced players. If it's a team from the East that have a real chance it's them! 

3) Rob Roy, don't think they will be consistent enough for the league however with the quality of squad they have I fancy them to beat anyone in a one off game meaning Scottish Cup could suit them. 

Saying that a lot depends on the luck of the draw, avoiding big teams and even more getting home ties is a massive advantage! 

I fancy one of 3 teams this season:

1) Beith, massive confidence and experience from last seasons campaign. Very difficult to beat at home and a side with a lot of big game experience.

2) Kelty Hearts, fantastic start to the season. A lot of ability within the squad and similar to Beith, top quality experienced players. If it's a team from the East that have a real chance it's them! 

3) Rob Roy, don't think they will be consistent enough for the league however with the quality of squad they have I fancy them to beat anyone in a one off game meaning Scottish Cup could suit them. 

Saying that a lot depends on the luck of the draw, avoiding big teams and even more getting home ties is a massive advantage! 

It is always harder to hold on to the cup than win it. Think only 2 teams have done it in my lifetime. Kelty is always a threat. It's a cliché at the minute but it is always a tricky visit playing east coast teams

Archived