Dunfermline vs Hibs

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, LondonHibsFan said:

Now that that's been cleared up...Hibs travel to Fife for the second Saturday running. Can we keep eleven men on the pitch this time? Can Farid El Alagui take the week off and not score against us etc.?

Oh, he'll score, but you will score at least 4 anyway. 

A comfortable victory for Hibs. We just need to hope Dumbarton and St. Mirren also keep dropping points. Honestly don't know where the next point is going to come from. Hopefully Herron and Wedderburn are fit for this. McCabe and Geggan have been passengers this season and due to injury problems, they've had to be our regular centre mids. We need to change something in the middle because every team is plowing through us without any retaliation. Doesn't help when your defence is rather shit as well. We've tried and tested just about every combination and they always make stupid mistakes

We need to be at our very best, Hibs need to be having an off day and we have to make 0 slack errors for us to get anything, which won't happen. Hibs have went too long without a win and we are a brilliant team for gifting all 3 points to those on a winless run. 

Going for 4-1 Hibs. Next. 

The game at Easter Road was the best I've seen any team play against us this season, there was a clear gulf in that first half. For us to get anything we need Hibs to have a bad, bad day and we need to play the best we have all season.

Do Hibs not play pretty narrow? Same back four as last time, Williamson is suited to games like this. We need to play three in centre midfield though.

Murdoch

Williamson
Martin
Ashcroft
Talbot

Paton
Geggan
Herron
McCabe
Higginbothom

El Alagui

1-0 Hibs

Yeah, another game expecting defeat. I've lost all patience with McCabe. After failing to show anything of note last season then a quarter of this gone, he's giving absolutely nothing to the side, I'd start almost anyone in his place. Geggan has been poor but at least he wins the ball in midfield, even if he does have a terrible habit of giving it straight back to opponants. McCabe goes out to try and stay clean and not touch anyone. Candidate for pars worst ever 11. Absolute shitebag.

Murdoch

Martin BRE Ashcroft Talbot

Wedderburn

Paton Herron McMullan

Clark Farid

Not sure if Herron or Nat will be ready but I did spot Nat warming up with Fordyce on Sat. McCabe or Williamson cannot play ever again for Dunfermline if we want to stay in this league.

8 minutes ago, gingapar said:

Yeah, another game expecting defeat. I've lost all patience with McCabe. After failing to show anything of note last season then a quarter of this gone, he's giving absolutely nothing to the side, I'd start almost anyone in his place. Geggan has been poor but at least he wins the ball in midfield, even if he does have a terrible habit of giving it straight back to opponants. McCabe goes out to try and stay clean and not touch anyone. Candidate for pars worst ever 11. Absolute shitebag.

I thought last season he was giving him one last chance of seeing what he could do. How we signed him after looking anonymous against league one sides is baffling?

Giving it your best and just not being good enough is acceptable, not even tracking your man or attempting a tackle is not. He's a luxury player at best. We can't afford to play him in a man for man lineup. Would rather play Moffat, Hopkirk or HB in midfield. At least they put a shift in.

Hibs will score a "wonder goal" by someone walking through the gaping hole traditionally filled by "midfielders" and "defenders" before picking his spot beyond the helpless Sean Murdoch. AJ took my advice last week in terms of the personnel but this week he has to be more radical. Wedderburn and BRE to be at the centre of a human pyramid back 9 defending the goal with El Alagui as the midfield/attack. 

I think I've said this before every match for the last 6 weeks but Geggan really needs to get his finger out. Being the captain in the middle of the park, we're reliant on him keeping the team ticking and he's looked completely disinterested in spells, which rubs off on the rest of the team.

For the record, this isn't a "PASHION!!!" type comment, but it's really no coincidence that when Geggan is fired up for it (in the right way, not sprinting 15 yards just to commit a late foul), it shows through the rest of the team.

Archived