Linlithgow rose v Stirling Albion

baker2

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not paranoid at all. It's about fan base, maybe I've used the wrong word in history but all I'm saying is in general you get your team from your parents.

I have a problem with the likes of EK and Cumbernauld forming on Clydes doorstep when there's not enough fans to go around.

One man bands and clubs - see Gretna.

New clubs and liquidation - See Livingston.

IMO you need solid community roots and in a declining game it's madness that we are still springing up new clubs.

EK would beat us this year - fair play to them but that's because they got the luck of the draw last year in Celtic.

Most other years we'd hand their arse to them.

I'm sorry to disagree but Cumbernauld colts relayed the pitch through grants and having a community base.. Clyde are only tenants. Clyde the mercenaries are a farce of a club and would jump ship at the offer of a Bob or two else where. Remember how they arrived in Cumbernauld in the first place.

There is no one guy putting money into ek. Its funded and ran by a comunity trust. They are not a cash rich club funded by a multi millionare. They just got good money from cup run last year and are well run from youth teams through to senior team.

I thought the fact the ground is called K park may have given a hint as to where money is coming from.

55 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

A large cunk of that mustve been us, a good healthy away support there.

Yes good away attendance from the Binos, largest crowd in the Scottish Cup ties played that day Just shows if we could get the team right on the park what the potential could be at Forthbank.

Yes good away attendance from the Binos, largest crowd in the Scottish Cup ties played that day Just shows if we could get the team right on the park what the potential could be at Forthbank.

Unfortunately doesnt look like thatll be happening anytime soon [emoji19]

Could say the same about the rose too......

1 hour ago, Specky said:

Exactly good turnout from Linlithgow support on the day, hopefully you will get a decent crowd for your Scottish Junior Cup Tie this Saturday at home and hope your strikers have their shooting boots on this Saturday for a change ! . Decent ground could put a number of Senior League Clubs to shame, also from what I have been hearing a good social club as well. Best of luck on Saturday.

Aye a good support by Rose to, have to admit that is one of the best diddy ground in Scotland. The social club is brilliant to, still cant get my head round the needing a tray for a drink though...

Archived