Linlithgow rose v Stirling Albion

baker2

18 minutes ago, Raving On said:

That was the most flattering 3-0 win I've ever seen us have. We took our goals well but we're going nowhere fast.

I agree with you. We've had a dreadful season and injuries are causing havoc. But we played some decent stuff and could have been in front by a couple at half time with some composure. Second half we lost 2 goals chasing the game whilst missing more decent chances and hitting the post twice. It all felt like the Raith Rovers game 2 seasons back. 

Apart from getting stuck in and putting bodies on the line I couldn't see anything in that Stirling team that I don't see at our level most weeks in the league. All the best for the season but if you keep playing like that it could be long and uncomfortable. 

And I liked the Rave On stuff! All the best for the season. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see Stirling getting that junior pish out of the competition. It's just a shame we couldn't draw them and get the chance to do it ourselves. Pointless football team.

Good to see Stirling getting that junior pish out of the competition. It's just a shame we couldn't draw them and get the chance to do it ourselves. Pointless football team.

In which case we got beat by a pub team. Yes we are not the team we were.

But if Albion are an example of the standard then scottish football is goosed.

A decent junior team would have hit five today

Scottish football is goosed because Stirling Albion are shite just now/were shite today (still won 3-0) aye right you are mate. :lol:

Sure the beaks at hampden will have a meeting over this tomorrow, Stirling Albion, SCOTLANDS SHAME

The juniors should just take over the Scottish game IMO

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

In which case we got beat by a pub team. Yes we are not the team we were.

But if Albion are an example of the standard then scottish football is goosed.

A decent junior team would have hit five today

If we're a pub team then what does that make yous?

Enjoy your win guys. If you score goals you win games. We played some nice stuff but couldn't put the ball in the onion bag.

We're having the poorest season we've had since we've entered the Scottish and it showed.

Thought your fans were fantastic, keep up the good work!

To answer your Lowland League question, it's a league of a lower standard than our own, so unless there's a massive uptake it would be Financial suicide for us to go and play against sports centres and amateur teams instead of a league of teams with 130 year histories.

Enjoy your win guys. If you score goals you win games. We played some nice stuff but couldn't put the ball in the onion bag.

We're having the poorest season we've had since we've entered the Scottish and it showed.

To answer your Lowland League question, it's a league of a lower standard than our own, so unless there's a massive uptake it would be Financial suicide for us to go and play against sports centres and amateur teams instead of a league of teams with 130 year histories.

Why would it be financial suicide? Lower standard... Did the junior champions not just scrape by 1-0 today to a team that's really pretty shite in the LL and had beaten Auchinleck last season.

Because there's no fans in that league. They make money from renting out their plastic pitches like a sports centre.

Good luck to them but there's not enough supporters in Scotland to keep creating teams.

I believe that the whole junior grade should be placed under the existing structure and should naturally filter up into the lowland league so I'm not rubbishing your suggestion, but playing against BSC Glasgow infront of 200 or against Boness in front of 1,000 is your reason why this isn't happening.

Not sure how much you know about the juniors but with the exception of Spartans, the top junior sides from east and west would be challenging for the title in that league if they were in it - it would be a great league if that'd been the blueprint.

9 hours ago, AMC13 said:

Say's the Fucking Franchise scumbags....Linlithgow are a REAL football team.

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Who in the LL are amateurs ? 

37 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Because there's no fans in that league. They make money from renting out their plastic pitches like a sports centre.

Good luck to them but there's not enough supporters in Scotland to keep creating teams.

I believe that the whole junior grade should be placed under the existing structure and should naturally filter up into the lowland league so I'm not rubbishing your suggestion, but playing against BSC Glasgow infront of 200 or against Boness in front of 1,000 is your reason why this isn't happening.

Not sure how much you know about the juniors but with the exception of Spartans, the top junior sides from east and west would be challenging for the title in that league if they were in it - it would be a great league if that'd been the blueprint.

Do yous play Bo'ness every week like ? 

How much of Spartans have you seen ? 

I noticed you haven't mentioned East Kilbride any reason why your not comparing them  ? 

East Kilbride are the result of two amateur teams merging and getting a game against Celtic. Good luck to them but I've got pubes with more history than them. I'm just not seeing how this is the future of Scottish football, I'll gladly eat my hat if wrong.

Third lanark have some history. So does a dodo. But where are they now??? If ur team is judged on its history all the time, then u are constantly living in the past. Ekfc might be a new club. But they have serious ambition. The fact that they have a short history dosent matter two fecks. They would give yous a pumping regardless of how long they have been on the go. Lets concentrate on the here and now please.

19 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

East Kilbride are the result of two amateur teams merging and getting a game against Celtic. Good luck to them but I've got pubes with more history than them. I'm just not seeing how this is the future of Scottish football, I'll gladly eat my hat if wrong.

You are seem paranoid about amateur football and any team with very little history, should the guy putting his money into East Kilbride not build a new stadium and have ambitions to get into Scottish League football ?  is that not helping the future of Scottish football ?. 

I'm not paranoid at all. It's about fan base, maybe I've used the wrong word in history but all I'm saying is in general you get your team from your parents.

I have a problem with the likes of EK and Cumbernauld forming on Clydes doorstep when there's not enough fans to go around.

One man bands and clubs - see Gretna.

New clubs and liquidation - See Livingston.

IMO you need solid community roots and in a declining game it's madness that we are still springing up new clubs.

EK would beat us this year - fair play to them but that's because they got the luck of the draw last year in Celtic.

Most other years we'd hand their arse to them.

You are seem paranoid about amateur football and any team with very little history, should the guy putting his money into East Kilbride not build a new stadium and have ambitions to get into Scottish League football ?  is that not helping the future of Scottish football ?. 

There is no one guy putting money into ek. Its funded and ran by a comunity trust. They are not a cash rich club funded by a multi millionare. They just got good money from cup run last year and are well run from youth teams through to senior team.

Archived