Linlithgow rose v Stirling Albion

baker2

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Looks like Weir will be playing, the star of the show.

I doubt he will start. Been missing the past few weeks due to injury and not sure starting him would be a good idea for him or the team.

No disrespect but next Saturday is probably more important to the Rose on a footballing front. On a cash front I hope we sneak a one nil win today!

Lol! Your team are pish!! Celebrating like that after beating a junior team!! Haha![emoji106]

Nippy p***k.

Easily beaten by a shite league 2 team, chin up bud maybe 1 day youre team will become a relevance to anyone :(

Counter attacking football won the game for us today. 3 chances and 3 goals, you would take that every week eh??

The difference between the 2 teams was the finishing. Linlithgow Rose will be wondering how they are out, with the scoreline so comfortable. They had much of the play (similar to us last week) and we had the post, Chris Smith and some great backs against the wall defending to thank for the victory.

The players certainly showed lots of effort today, can not fault them one bit. The message they are sending out appears to be clear, appoint #TopCoach because they are working for them.

As has been pointed out above though, some of McLaren's tactics did shone through. McKenzie & Moses swapping wings and then Moses going off, it seemed to be a few guys just running about off the striker, but we did get away with it today and you can fault anyone.

They battled and fought for every ball, picking up yellow cards on the way and refusing to be bullied.....that was everyone but Blair Henderson.

I really don't know what we do with this guy, he offers absolutely sod all.....how can he be this bad??? I would honestly play Kavangh in front of him, at least when he came on he looked lively and tried to make things happen, Henderson honestly looks like a traffic cone that was being bullied by Linlithgow Centre Halfs today. Is this honeslty the player that ripped us apart at least twice last season??

Anyway, onto Tuesday now and let's see who we get in the next round. We avoided a banana skin against a Junior team, which is more than can be said about a couple of clubs at our level.

37 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Rave on albion worst ever tune - lol

Well done guys all the best for the season

Thanks to be fair Rose were the better team over the 90 mins but just could not finish otherwise we would be joining Berwick and Cowdenbeath out of the Cup. For a team struggling to put a team together you played well but as I said if you cant put the ball in the net then you will not win. We today took our chances so we march on to the next round. Beat of luck for the rest of the season.

Genuine question...... looking at the facilities and the fact that over the years Linlithgow Rose have been able to attract SPFL quality players......why didn't you quit the Juniors and apply for the Lowland League??

Archived