Barry Douglas

Fat Sally

8 hours ago, TheGoon said:

The Polish top flight is of a horrific standard. The Turkish variant is poor as well.

Outside of the Istanbul Clubs it truly is. Although I'd say it would do no harm in keeping an eye out on him. Surely he'd be a better 3rd Choice than Lee Wallace.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who's to say Strachan hasn't watched him and decided against it? There's absolutely no point bringing a guy all the way from Turkey or Poland to be 3rd choice.
He was nothing special when he played for United.

He seems to be doing pretty well for Konyaspor. Far too fond of using emojis or whatever they're called on Twitter however.

Playing Europa league football as well.

13 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Is he the bloke that sings "Kung Fu Fighting"?

If so, get him in. He'll be better than Chris Martin.

No that's Errol Brown you're thinking of.

Shame for the guy as I'd say he's done the right thing instead signing for Barnsley or Preston he can claim to have played plenty of European football and and the end probably a more fulfilling career than a Championship jobber but he's never going to be as good as Robertson or Tierney. I'd give him a squad place if one of those two was unavailable as Shinnie hasn't played LB regularly since signing for Aberdeen and while he's probably not much better than Wallace I can't believe he's much worse. All that said Kingsley in a year or two may look to be a nailed on 3rd choice although I think we'll call him up as a CB before we call him up as a LB for obvious reasons.

Guest DAVIDB69

I actually saw him live two summers ago playing for poznan when they were away to legia gdansk .

He was decent the standard was way higher than what we have currently have

I actually saw him live two summers ago playing for poznan when they were away to legia gdansk .

He was decent the standard was way higher than what we have currently have

How do we measure standard? Genuine question: I'm watching the Liverpool v Man U game.. only cause it's free on Kodi...
And the standard is awful, truly awful. Jags v Hamilton on Saturday was a better game

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Robertson and Tierney are injured. Shinnie isn't rated and Kingsley doesn't seem to be on the radar either. After Wallace there's Mulgrew maybe and that's about it.

Didn't realise Robertson was out too. I'd rather have Douglas than Mulgrew, but I'd have thought Kingsley was a better option than both. He's played more than half of Swansea's matches in the league this year and is clearly highly rated.

• 1 month later...

Archived