Falkirk v Raith

Guest Back Post Misses
46 minutes ago, Raithie said:

3 points behind Falkirk and only 4 off the top of the league. That's pretty mental going by our last few performances. Would be genuinely surprised if we came away from this game with anything to be honest. Locke's tactics/team selections are starting to become questionable and Falkirk seem to be finding a bit of form in the league. In fact I'd hazard a guess it'll be a carbon copy performance, from both teams, from our earlier encounter but this time being at TFS. 

Ah that's the rumblings started then?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Raithie said:

3 points behind Falkirk and only 4 off the top of the league. That's pretty mental going by our last few performances. Would be genuinely surprised if we came away from this game with anything to be honest. Locke's tactics/team selections are starting to become questionable and Falkirk seem to be finding a bit of form in the league. In fact I'd hazard a guess it'll be a carbon copy performance, from both teams, from our earlier encounter but this time being at TFS. 

That's a fair summary. 

It's hard to see us giving Falkirk a real run for their money here. A comfortable 2-0 win looks about right.

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Tbf we were 8 points behind you and 9 goals worse off after the first 3 matches. To be 3 points and 3 goals better off after 9 matches is a fair swing.

Important to get a win here to keep the pressure on Hibs. Same 11 as started vs Dunfermline please 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ah that's the rumblings started then?

We're not quite at Grant Murray levels of frustration amongst the support but a few grumblings here and there. Not quite panic stations yet but we could do with a wee run of positive results. A draw against Hibs, on paper at least, probably looks good but with the extra man advantage it was frustrating to see us not really have a clue how to play against 10 men. 

Guest Back Post Misses
1 minute ago, Raithie said:

We're not quite at Grant Murray levels of frustration amongst the support but a few grumblings here and there. Not quite panic stations yet but we could do with a wee run of positive results. A draw against Hibs, on paper at least, probably looks good but with the extra man advantage it was frustrating to see us not really have a clue how to play against 10 men. 

It was always going to happen. Locke is a loser and terrible manager.

Raith will be the last full time job he gets

It was always going to happen. Locke is a loser and terrible manager.

Raith will be the last full time job he gets

That's a shame. We even have a song for him and everything.

Not sure if we've sung it since August, but still.

I actually don't mind Gary. He always makes a point of getting the players to come over and applaud us at the end of games.

Not sure how that'll play out when we suffer our annual clocks go back/winter slump.

It hasnt been the horror show that many predicted, but there are certainly some frustrations.

We lack creativity up front - which is frustrating given the amount of options and "forward thinking players" we have. 

Defence is getting there - M'Voto and Benedictus finally developing a partnership - still badly miss Thomson though. 

Some of our players are underperforming, and theres only so much of that you can blame on the manager. 

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Important to get a win here to keep the pressure on Hibs. Same 11 as started vs Dunfermline please 

All still early days but I also feel Queens will drop 2 or all 3 on Saturday also.

I watched the Raith v Hibs highlights, what I took out if it was Hibs seemed to improve with 10 men, red card is neither proven to be correct or incorrect, only that Barr is going mental after, so can only guess something happened and Raith looked punchless up top.

Barr it appears to be the man to stop again, like the last game between us, take him out and Raith looked out of sorts. The problem there is we might have Watson at right back, has he ever played right back for Raith ?

All still early days but I also feel Queens will drop 2 or all 3 on Saturday also.

I watched the Raith v Hibs highlights, what I took out if it was Hibs seemed to improve with 10 men, red card is neither proven to be correct or incorrect, only that Barr is going mental after, so can only guess something happened and Raith looked punchless up top.

Barr it appears to be the man to stop again, like the last game between us, take him out and Raith looked out of sorts. The problem there is we might have Watson at right back, has he ever played right back for Raith ?

Never played RB for us. Was always CB in the 2 yrs with us.

You're also correct about Barr. Keep him quiet, we look lost as we have nothing down the other side, we always play a CM down the other side despite having 3 wingers on the bench :lol:

Falkirk are by far the worst team weve played this season 1V2

How do you figure that one out? I'd go as far as saying, they were probably the best team we've played this season..

I don't remember Hibs having a single shot on target on Saturday.

St Mirren were awful. That defence :lol:

Dundee United from 30 mins onwards couldn't string 2 passes together

Queen of the south were as bad as us until their opener from Dobbie.

Dunfermline look like a team that are playing in League 1 still.

We played Ayr before their rehabilitation, they had nothing going for them before that.

I never went through to Cappielow so can't comment on Morton.

Dumbarton look like they're starting to come to terms with the fact that relegation is looming for them.

So in summary, Falkirk were probably the best side we've faced this season so far.

I'm fucking awesome 

You are. As an awesome person, where do you go for a pint before the game? This isn't an Alan Partridge style chat up line. I'm interested in finally making a trip through to your new ground for the first time ever.

Where do people go for a drink before the game? Bottle of cheap cider in the Helix or pub then taxi from Falkirk/Grangemouth?

20 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

You are. As an awesome person, where do you go for a pint before the game? This isn't an Alan Partridge style chat up line. I'm interested in finally making a trip through to your new ground for the first time ever.

Where do people go for a drink before the game? Bottle of cheap cider in the Helix or pub then taxi from Falkirk/Grangemouth?

Behind The Wall is a good Falkirk pub filled with good c***s. Free bus voucher with your pint to and from the stadium 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Behind the wall is where me and a couple of other guys usually go pre/post game. You can get the bus down to the ground with all the Falkirk fans.

Archived