Falkirk v Raith

40 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Another option might be to switch Leahy, as he's not to bad on his right foot, and play young Gallagher at LB?

Sure in the pre season Gallagher came on at right back and only moved to left back when we subbed Leahy.

I think it will be Watson if Kidd is out

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Of course. So for Houston to have gone for that setup maybe tells you something. For me Taiwo is doing ok at RM but a large part of his game is nullified. His tackling and breaking down style doesnt work on the right. Just because he is good at tackling doesnt make him a good defender. When he goes to close down on the right hand side if you watch him, for me he commits his body very early and obviously and players skip inside him no problem.

Keep an eye out next week I am confident youl see what I mean if you havent already.

He does track back and support well so no issues there, but perhaps its a positional sense thing that makes him not the right guy for RB.

Aye you make a good point, hopefully it was Houston just having a brain fart and not because Taiwo can't play there for whatever reason. Feeling good about the team the now and actually trust Houston with whatever team he puts out especially when we have good options to change it if need be.

10 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The picture was taken before the game yesterday. And the guy beside Sheps is Hendo.

Ahh.

That's a shame.

The club posted the photo this afternoon and didn't indicate it was taken Saturday. My bad.

Would like to see Henderson get the little 20/30 minute spells that Rankin does just to test him out, looks like a big lad for CM

If we were 3/4 up with 20 mins to go I would agree but if we were in the position we were in yesterday then that's a lot to ask for a young man making his debut.

3 points behind Falkirk and only 4 off the top of the league. That's pretty mental going by our last few performances. Would be genuinely surprised if we came away from this game with anything to be honest. Locke's tactics/team selections are starting to become questionable and Falkirk seem to be finding a bit of form in the league. In fact I'd hazard a guess it'll be a carbon copy performance, from both teams, from our earlier encounter but this time being at TFS. 

Archived