Falkirk v Raith

Looking forward to this. f**k knows why..

Probably with having 3 weeks away from the Rovers.. was starting to have withdrawal symptoms.

Hope our attacking line-up are a bit better next week as defensively we were outstanding yesterday. Attacking-wise, we were awful.

Hope Liam Smith is back for this. Davo actually had a decent first half for him. Second half, he looked lost. It looked as if, if Hibs would score, it was going to be from one of his many mistakes in the second half.

I'd start Stewart and Vaughan instead of McManus and Skacel simply to see if their partnership from 2 years ago can pick up again. We do need to see some changes though up front. McManus definitely needs some time on the bench to give him a wee boot up the arse..

An optimistic 1-2 with Vaughan getting his first of the season and M'Voto with a bullet header. Baird with Falkirk's obviously..

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vaughan shouldn't be anywhere near starting, his free kick near the end yesterday summed up his contributions so far this season along with the two pathetic dives.

All our attacking threat yesterday went off with Skacel. He was the link that was particularly bringing Barr into the game. We need to find a way for him to last more than an hour in a game or change to a different system when he goes off as Vaughan can't do the same job.

If Kidd doesn't make it it'll be interesting to see what we do at right back. Muirhead is still recovering from injury so I'd imagine it'll be Watson getting played out of position. Other than that it'll hopefully be the same side again.

Falkirk will win. They usually beat us, our form is now officially 'poor', approaching very poor, and our performances are a bit concerning at the moment.

Davidson had an awful second half at RB yesterday but we'll need Matthews in midfield for me so if we still don't have Liam Smith back then sadly he'll have to play there.

The last thing I'd be doing is starting Lewis Vaughan based on yesterday. Absolutely stinking attitude summed up by that late free kick. He's had a shot with everything within forty yards this season, why isn't Locke addressing it?

2-0 would be my guess. Baird to score, obviously.

Our form over the last 6 games.

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scotchamp/form

However, our home form for the first quarter is second only to Falkirk.

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scotchamp/form/home

Our away form looks dreadful as we lost to QoS and Morton.

In general, i'm happy enough with the way things are going, but we really need to work on our attacking play. Yesterday we were fairly solid in defence, apart from at right back. In midfield we have the excellent Jordan Thompson (thank you, Rangers) and Barr, who virtually all our decent attacking play go through. Up front we are moribund.

As we're up against the form team, we really need to get our act together for this one.

The likes of Chris Johnston (Mini Messi, really?), Coustrain, Roberts, Vaughan, and others like Osei, maybe need a chance to show they are going to be worthy of a first team squad place.

Stewart maybe needs a chance too.

Basically we need to find goals from somewhere.

Taiwo at RB is a disaster and I think Houston would agree considering he tried Alston there with Taiwo RM last season when Aero was suspended.

Watson at RB if really neccessary I suppose. Cant even blame a lack of cover here we have 2 competent RBs unfortunately both injured now.

Hope Kidd is back though as he is growing into his role and a Watson/Taiwo combo would offer precious little in the Raith half. Watson is petrified to step out with the ball and often plays others into trouble by looking to rid himself of the ball asap.

Once again though, if Kerr Sibbald and Hippo start, I would expect another win for us. We have enough centrally and out left to be able to carry a weak attacking right side.

It is an area that needs addressed though. Might be worth giving Craigen a run out against his old team

Craigen is injured too.

Cuddly fifers next, history says draw or a win by one goal, I'll take the latter.

Should always look to win your home games, hopefully Hippo keeps up yesterday's form with Raith not having a right back looks ideal for him to do so

Archived