Falkirk v Raith

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

Unless the flag was extremely late on Baird (I wasn't there so don't know), Mark Kerr was not offside. Davidson is behind the goal line leaving only one opponent, but Kerr was behind the ball when it's played so was onside. 

Actually, if a player has stepped over the goal line, he's still classed as being on the pitch. The only exception being if he's been allowed to leave the field of play by the referee. Just sayin...

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 2711 said:

Actually, if a player has stepped over the goal line, he's still classed as being on the pitch. The only exception being if he's been allowed to leave the field of play by the referee. Just sayin...

Thank you for correcting me. 

Have to say I didn't realise players can be booked for that either (presumably if it's a deliberate act, which it wasn't in this instance). 

Must've been one hell of a late flag against Baird, then. 

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Thank you for correcting me. 

Have to say I didn't realise players can be booked for that either (presumably if it's a deliberate act, which it wasn't in this instance). 

Must've been one hell of a late flag against Baird, then. 

I'm assuming you mean McHugh? It was he who shot then squared the ball (very badly) to Kerr.

Just now, ShaggerG said:

I'm assuming you mean McHugh? It was he who shot then squared the ball (very badly) to Kerr.

Yes. 

I just assumed it was Baird by the way the one-on-one was fired right at the keeper. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

McHugh should have squared it first time round IMO Would need to rewatch but I remember thinking at the time there was a tap in there if he had done so. Or he should have fuckin buried it himself. Not making excuses for Kerr obviously, but it never should have gone that far. Baird has won everyone round I would think after a poor start but McHugh seems to be in a bit of a rut just now.

Aye, I think there's a case for Austin to get a start with Baird as McHugh does seem to have gone off the boil a bit. Can't see it happening though.

I wasn't there so maybe the officials really had a horrible decision, but there is no way anyone was offside in that chance. Nobody is even close. I imagine our fans are getting a bit confused with the linesman's signal for a goal kick.

Whats the story with the dire away support?

Vastly better team than Dunfermline but only brought about a quarter of the support that they had.

How many did we bring through? Didn't seem a bad support for us, but then I've never been to Falkirk before to see how many we usually take through there.

5 hours ago, Paco said:

I wasn't there so maybe the officials really had a horrible decision, but there is no way anyone was offside in that chance. Nobody is even close. I imagine our fans are getting a bit confused with the linesman's signal for a goal kick.

McHugh may have been offside when Baird flicked it on for him but there's no way of telling from the footage. Pretty poor if the lino gave offside for that as he allowed McHugh to run on with him running along with him. If he was offside it should have been given when it was obvious that McHugh was going to get to the ball first.

Archived