Falkirk v Raith

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Yoss said:

So, firstly, there's clearly no suggestion of any physical contact between Houston and the ref. I expect Houston was just being an aggressive and argumentative shit - which is default mode for him but it's not okay.

I know I generally back referees but I'm not particularly convinced with his handling of the Benedictus incident. Refs can wait "a few seconds" before going back for a free kick if no advantage develops: there were, at most, four seconds elapsed between Benedictus's bookable foul and the ball being run out of play - even if you accept the ref's assessment of that last bit, that's still within a time period when I'd want the original foul, if I were Falkirk.

Anyway, great result, didn't see that coming. Loved our third goal.

Yes there is.

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

When the ref was talking to Locke, Houston got frustrated and went over and pushed him away from Locke and onto the pitch.

Not what he got sent to the stand though so the ref didn't mind.

1 hour ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Houston in being a bad loser shock. Bet he still wakes up in a rage thinking about stubbsy

What part of the hungrier team won do you not understand ?

I'm sure Houstie laughed like rest of us at Stubbsy failure again.

3 hours ago, Yoss said:

So, firstly, there's clearly no suggestion of any physical contact between Houston and the ref. I expect Houston was just being an aggressive and argumentative shit - which is default mode for him but it's not okay.

I know I generally back referees but I'm not particularly convinced with his handling of the Benedictus incident. Refs can wait "a few seconds" before going back for a free kick if no advantage develops: there were, at most, four seconds elapsed between Benedictus's bookable foul and the ball being run out of play - even if you accept the ref's assessment of that last bit, that's still within a time period when I'd want the original foul, if I were Falkirk.

The ref was obviously over at Locke for being aggressive and questioning more than one decision, one of them being a decision you feel Raith got away with.

Houstie was angry that the game was stopped to a nothing situation as Locke started questioning other decisions, it's a no brainer as you can't get back into the game when play is stopped for a nothing incident. He was sent to stand as his back was turned and obviously aggrieved that play was stopped, I'd understand if he was in his face, swearing and wouldn't let it go but no as he was walking back to the dug out still annoyed the game was stopped and not disagreeing about a decision(s).

The ref for me got the decision right, Sibbald had full control of the ball, faced up to the next defender and lost the ball taking the wrong option, if he struggled on his feet after the challenge then obviously the advantage is lost

The ref was obviously over at Locke for being aggressive and questioning more than one decision, one of them being a decision you feel Raith got away with.

Houstie was angry that the game was stopped to a nothing situation as Locke started questioning other decisions, it's a no brainer as you can't get back into the game when play is stopped for a nothing incident. He was sent to stand as his back was turned and obviously aggrieved that play was stopped, I'd understand if he was in his face, swearing and wouldn't let it go but no as he was walking back to the dug out still annoyed the game was stopped and not disagreeing about a decision(s).

The ref for me got the decision right, Sibbald had full control of the ball, faced up to the next defender and lost the ball taking the wrong option, if he struggled on his feet after the challenge then obviously the advantage is lost

Did he fail in May, m88?

Archived