Falkirk v Raith

7 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

“I can’t wait to find out why I was sent to the stand because not once did I use a swear word [...] I told him to get on with the game. He told me to be quiet and I told him again to get on with it and he sent me to the stand."

Aye Peter, it's a mystery.

I could half understand if he swore as I expected as I know how petty refs can be, but he didn't man handle or push the ref and basically said, I have no problems with your decision but get on with the game twice.

If that's the standard, we'll have plenty Lennonesque decisions, the honesty of his words must have Raith fans bewildered if you prefer the charade I listened to last week with Locke in regard to his post Hibs interview

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
“I can’t wait to find out why I was sent to the stand because not once did I use a swear word [...] I told him to get on with the game. He told me to be quiet and I told him again to get on with it and he sent me to the stand."

Aye Peter, it's a mystery.

Aye, shoving the ref in the back is standard.

So, firstly, there's clearly no suggestion of any physical contact between Houston and the ref. I expect Houston was just being an aggressive and argumentative shit - which is default mode for him but it's not okay.

I know I generally back referees but I'm not particularly convinced with his handling of the Benedictus incident. Refs can wait "a few seconds" before going back for a free kick if no advantage develops: there were, at most, four seconds elapsed between Benedictus's bookable foul and the ball being run out of play - even if you accept the ref's assessment of that last bit, that's still within a time period when I'd want the original foul, if I were Falkirk.

Anyway, great result, didn't see that coming. Loved our third goal.

Archived