The Famous v The Spoon-Burners: The Renfrewshire Derby Thread

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a win. They were utterly dreadful and looked like relegation fodder, but superb performance from us as well. Forbes with another set-piece contribution, O'Ware with yet another headed goal, Lindsay resilient in midfield, and the defence dealing with everything that was sent their way comfortably for the most part. Took the game to them from the start, playing with intensity and confident. Superb.

How the fek do you pick a Man of the Match from that?  First half McDonagh was incredible, but Nesbitt, Russell, Oliver, Forbes, ...jeeze I could just go on and on.

In the end up I would give it to Oliver, his hold up play was glorious and what a screamer for the 3rd.

I've never seen such a one sided display from a Morton team as we had in the first half. 2nd half they came into slightly but we were just to good.

Some outstanding displays tonight, everyone played out their skins.

You have to wonder how far Duffy can take us if he's given the right backing by the board   

Just now, vikingTON said:

That is probably the most hilarious display from an away team I've seen at Cappielow. And I've seen us win 9-1 in the league there.

The fact their most threatening attack all night involved one of their players attacking a ball boy sums it up.

Archived