The Famous v The Spoon-Burners: The Renfrewshire Derby Thread

Looking forward to this derby match taking place next Satur... oh that's right: we're actually too busy contesting a League Cup semi-final, instead of dealing with utter no-marks like yourselves. Enjoy yet another week marooned at the bottom of the division then, before we get round to swording your rabble on November 1st.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.pnggreggy-1_zpsa6468549.pnggreggy-1_zpsa6468549.pnggreggy-1_zpsa6468549.pnggreggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The biggest game in god knows how long for Morton yet it's us they are thinking of. Cute.

Good luck to Morton today.

Last time I checked the fixture list October 22nd would be an entirely appropriate day to consider your plight compared to ourselves. Shame that you got papped out by dross like Ayr and Hamilton in the group stages, so are spending yet another week festering at the bottom without a game though.

I can't make my mind up if the break at the weekend was a good thing or not. The optimistic view is that it'll have given Jack Ross time to get his ideas across. Personally I think that's probably pish.

Seems like Morton gave a decent account of themselves at the weekend, so confidence should be high, despite the result. If Morton don't win this, then we seriously are into hoodoo territory.

If ever the unbeaten record was going to go, it's going to go on a shite, probably-pishing-down, rearranged Tuesday night game. At least we can rely on Vikington winning graciously, with the verve and wit we've come to expect.

On 16/10/2016 at 02:54, vikingTON said:

Looking forward to this derby match taking place next Satur... oh that's right: we're actually too busy contesting a League Cup semi-final, instead of dealing with utter no-marks like yourselves. Enjoy yet another week marooned at the bottom of the division then, before we get round to swording your rabble on November 1st.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.pnggreggy-1_zpsa6468549.pnggreggy-1_zpsa6468549.pnggreggy-1_zpsa6468549.pnggreggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

On 22/10/2016 at 14:08, FTOF said:

Unlucky.

In the words of Jim Bowen:

Look at what you could have won.

st-mirren-hearts_1.jpg

:lol:

On 22/10/2016 at 14:52, Marshmallo said:

Imagine getting your knickers in a twist about a League Cup semi final.

TBF its probably been about 50 years since Morton played in anything close to an important game.

46 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Right then. Morton, in good form, fresh off a late winner, unbeaten in months at Cappielow. St Mirren, rock bottom of the table, no wins, shite. What could possibly go wrong? :unsure:

I appreciate this has been said a lot in the past 18 months or so but you really will not have a better chance to beat us than Tuesday night. We are spiralling towards League One. Our unbeaten run against you is about the last good thing we have to cling to at the moment :lol:

Archived