Cowden v EK Scottish Cup

cowdenbeath

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15 October 2016 at 22:38, sureiknow said:

Wonder what the odds are for EK win.

Or draw.

Can only see William Hill quoting odds at the moment, but they have EK favourites at 6/5! Draw 5/2 and Cowden 13/8. 

From being in the Championship a couple of seasons ago to being outsiders at home against a non league club is a spectacular fall!

12 hours ago, Blueminer said:

Can only see William Hill quoting odds at the moment, but they have EK favourites at 6/5! Draw 5/2 and Cowden 13/8. 

From being in the Championship a couple of seasons ago to being outsiders at home against a non league club is a spectacular fall!

I would've priced it other way round. 

EK are good, yous are at home playing in far more difficult league above as City are finding out and on grass. 

Don't be so pessimistic and get behind yer team!

It might be only way of getting decent revenue this season.  

Cowdenbeath boss admits pressure is on his side ahead of East Kilbride cup tie
07:00, 21 OCT 2016
BY PAUL THOMSON

Following "indifferent" results in League Two, Liam Fox challenges his players to handle the occasion when Kilby come calling in the Scottish Cup 

Liam Fox admits the pressure is on League Two strugglers Cowdenbeath ahead of Saturday’s clash with East Kilbride.

And the Central Park boss believes the Lowland League leaders will be seen by many as the favourites to progress.

The Blue Brazil are second from bottom in their division and have recorded just three wins from 14 games in all competitions.

That’s in stark contrast to East Kilbride, who have won every one of their 15 matches this term. So Fox reckons his side will have their work cut out to reach round three.

He told the News: “A lot of people will probably think East Kilbride are the favourites because we’ve been a wee bit indifferent with our form - we’ve been up and we’ve been down - so it’s definitely a game we can’t afford to take lightly.

“We are looking to get a level of consistency whereas East Kilbride are flying high and winning games, so they’ll be full of confidence.

“There’s always pressure when results are indifferent and we’ve got to handle that.

Cowdenbeath have won just three times in 14 matches this season
“Hopefully, we can go out there and perform.

“East Kilbride had a great run in the cup last year, so if anybody thinks it’s going to be easy for us that’s absolutely not the case. It’s going to be a very tough game.

“The Scottish Cup is always a good weekend to look forward to and I think it will be a good contest.”

Fox took over as Cowden’s head coach in the summer after Colin Nish’s reign ended in relegation.

The former Livingston and Inverness defender has certainly had a rocky start to his first managerial role and will be hoping two of his former team-mates don’t make life any more difficult for him on Saturday.

Fox has played alongside Kilby striker Robbie Winters and defender David Proctor during his career and the 32-year-old is well aware of the threats East Kilbride will pose.

He said: “I played with Robbie Winters when I was at Livingston and I was at Inverness with David Proctor, so I know both those guys very well.

Fox played for Livingston for seven years and played alongside EK striker Robbie Winters
“They’re two good players, two good pros and they’ve both got a lot of quality, so we are under no illusions how difficult a tie this will be for us.

“I’ve had EK watched a couple of times and they have some good players and there’s good pace in the team.

“There’s players who have a good pedigree and have played at a high level, especially Robbie and David.

“We know we’ll have to be at our best to get into the next round.”

A word of warning for any Kilby fans feeling confident. In the last 10 years Cowdenbeath have a 100 per cent record against non-SPFL opposition, having disposed of Edinburgh Uni, Bo’ness United and Vale of Leithen in the early rounds.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Won't be many teams in the next round who'll be looking to draw EK.

Yep, I think they'd give more than a few of the lower league part-timers a game so don't think Cowden will be alone in struggling v them. Walking that pishy league and have serious money behind them.

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Won't be many teams in the next round who'll be looking to draw EK.

I would agree with that I don't think much of the part timers left would fancy playing EK in the next round. Looking at their side they have quite a few experienced players in their side and I would imagine their budget would probably be the same as the sides in our league if not better.

It wasn't that much of a shock in reality, biggest shock of the day for the non leaguers would be Hawick's win at Berwick. Hawick would be more like your traditional non league side than Kilby.

15 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I would agree with that I don't think much of the part timers left would fancy playing EK in the next round. Looking at their side they have quite a few experienced players in their side and I would imagine their budget would probably be the same as the sides in our league if not better.

It wasn't that much of a shock in reality, biggest shock of the day for the non leaguers would be Hawick's win at Berwick. Hawick would be more like your traditional non league side than Kilby.

Didn't think they were any great shakes.  We are fucking awful though.  Even against 10 men we never looked like scoring,

Just now, CowdenConvert said:

Didn't think they were any great shakes.  We are fucking awful though.  Even against 10 men we never looked like scoring,

They were well organised. Still think City would be up there with them if they were still in the LL.

Archived