Arabs v Sons

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Presume it'll be the same team as last week but Donaldson in for Durnan

We started with Andreu up top last week but he is far better in the hole. If it is the same team I would much rather see VDV up top with Fraser on the right and Andreu at 10.

Ill take that. Could have been 3 or 4 with the chances we had. Don't know if Dumbartons goal was offside or not but the team fell asleep. It was about the only thing that wasn't offside the whole game according to that linesman.

Those officials though.

That wasn't as bad as I had feared. We could've taken something - no doubt about it - but Bell made some smashing saves. Aldo also made a couple of cracking stops to be fair and certainly looks like he got over last week's mistake.

Quite how the utterly incompetent Charleston missed the blatant tug on Stanton as he went clean through I'll never know.

Big Thommo played well out wide, and was brave for his goal. Stanton put in his best performance of the season - he was excellent in a more central role. Stevo and Stirling (despite the assist) were hugely frustrating.

The downside is that it's still no away wins this year, Ayr won and St Mirren now have a game in hand over us against Morton who they always beat.

Need a win in either of our next two games imo. There's a risk of us getting cut adrift at the rest who all seem to be picking up points.

Im not usually one to criticise officials but the incompetence shown by those three today was borderline criminal. I literally lost count of the amount of incorrect decisions these clowns managed to cock up for both teams at times. If ever there was a case of officials ruining a game, it was this afternoon

On to the game, a hard fought 3 points which is the most important thing for us at the moment. How Tope managed to last as long as he did was simply mystifying though

The refereeing performance was a classic. His linesmen didn't help matters either.

A strange game, one that ten minutes in it looked like we would win comfortably but Dumbarton ended up having three or four excellent chances in the first half. The game plan didn't really work for us and out of the forward four it seemed like Fraser was the only one making an impact. VdV and Tope were really poor and Andreu was quiet. Very surprised we didn't bring on either Murray or Smith (or both) to stretch the game in the second half.

Thought Van der Struijk and The Edge both had good games (it was probably VdS's best game for us in many ways). Donaldson tried to go over the top of his man with hands on the back every single time and on another day he could have cost us big time. Telfer grew into the game and has been a positive this season overall.

Both keepers were excellent.

There were passages of play that we put together today  that we couldn't have dreamt of doing last season.  Better shape, passing  and organisation, but still plenty of room for improvement. We looked shaky when the ball wasn't on the deck, and as has been said, bell made some crucial stops to keep us in the game.  Confidence is growing though which is encouraging.

We still need the likes of Fraser and telfar to show  more grit and determination when they don't have the ball. You know desire to win it.  Donaldson still gives me the fear, but VDS and the edge are getting well organised , and give us I think a good physical presence that we need to impose on teams.  I would still like another striker in, maybes something for the January window.

Fatest  referee of the season so far?  Most clueless certainly. 

Archived