Arabs v Sons

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I think we might've done on paper, but in the game Gaz spent much of the time quite a long way behind Thomson trying to get some sort of touch on the ball

Gaz had such a stinker that day, it was hard to notice him at all! It was Stevie's post-match comments about how he had got the formation wrong in the first half and the need for tactical  substitutions in the second that stood out.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Another omen - we're wearing our third kit for this game, as we did in the two home games against Dumbarton in 95/96 (the grey/black striped number), which ended 8-0 and 6-1.

14-1 Dumbarton is my prediction.

All-square then.  Sounds fair enough.

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Only Gallagher missing for us.

Absolutely no idea how we'll line up. I'd like to see Fleming restored to the starting 11 at the expense of Stevo or Thommo.

I'm blindly hopeful that Stevie will have realised that the tactics last week this season since about December last year haven't worked and will make plenty of changes.

Actually, nope scrap that. 4-5-1/4-4-1-1 with Stevo and Thommo as the most advanced players. Plenty of long balls. Gaz to be introduced in central midfield with 25 minutes to play and us 5-0 down. McCallum to have our only shot on target in the 86th minute (Bell saves easily at his near post). Pettigrew to lash a left footed effort from the each of the box out for a throw in, in injury time.

:(

4-4-2

Martin (will put the ghosts behind him)

Pettigrew Buchanan Docherty harvie

Smith Thomson Stevenson Stirling

Fleming mccallum

Usual ones missing need a spell on the bench, although that should Include Stevenson if Gallagher was fit, and I don't trust Barr anymore, 

• Despite still being a bit pish we are only three points off the top and nothing less than a win should be acceptable from this game. We are starting to look a bit more solid at the back although we might miss Durnan (yes I did actually just type that :o) and we now seem to be a bit better adjusted to this league and now look capable of grinding out results if required. 2-0 utd.

Archived