Arabs v Sons

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

United are finding form right now. We're on the back of a poor defeat. It could go either way - I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose 5-0 or battle for a credible 1-1 draw. Thats how inconsistent we are. We could get a big reaction from Stevie and the team or we could find ourselves under even more pressure.

I've been thinking about this a wee bit and I've came to the conclusion that if we're going to lose I'd rather we did it in style. Give me a 7-3 defeat over a 4-0 any day of the week. With that in mind I'd like to see us try and do a tiny wee bit of attacking for once.

Alan Martin

Craig Pettigrew Gregor Buchanan Frazer Wright Daniel Harvie

David Smith Joe Thomson Sam Stanton Mark Docherty

Garry Fleming Donald McCallum

4-4-2, 4-3-1-2. None of this rancid playing for a 0-0, gameplan out the window once we concede 4-5-1/4-4-1-1 dross. If we're going to get pumped lets at least fire some shots in because there's nothing worse than a performance where you offer nothing going forward.

Nothing to lose. Goalz galore. Plz

Spoiler

8-0 United (Andreu x4, Van Der Velden, Fraser, Murray, own goal) :(

Just realised that Durnan got sent off at the weekend. Dang. Him and Donaldson were hilariously bad at the Rock - that's a blow.

8 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I've been thinking about this a wee bit and I've came to the conclusion that if we're going to lose I'd rather we did it in style. Give me a 7-3 defeat over a 4-0 any day of the week. With that in mind I'd like to see us try and do a tiny wee bit of attacking for once.

Alan Martin

Craig Pettigrew Gregor Buchanan Frazer Wright Daniel Harvie

David Smith Joe Thomson Sam Stanton Mark Docherty

Garry Fleming Donald McCallum

4-4-2, 4-3-1-2. None of this rancid playing for a 0-0, gameplan out the window once we concede 4-5-1/4-4-1-1 dross. If we're going to get pumped lets at least fire some shots in because there's nothing worse than a performance where you offer nothing going forward.

Nothing to lose. Goalz galore. Plz

Reveal hidden contents

8-0 United (Andreu x4, Van Der Velden, Fraser, Murray, own goal) :(

Just realised that Durnan got sent off at the weekend. Dang. Him and Donaldson were hilariously bad at the Rock - that's a blow.

Didn't we play 4-4-2 in the first half at Starks Park? Pretty sure I heard Aitken say afterwards that he got the formation wrong and accepted any blame for that. That suggests to me that we are not going to see a more adventurous brand of football any time soon in an away game. It's going to be 4-5-1/4-4-1-1, maybe even 4-6-0 on Saturday. I'm with you though. I'd much rather see us try something else away from home, as adopting the same (failed) tactics time and time again in the hope that they'll produce a different result, borders on evidence of insanity.

17 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

Didn't we play 4-4-2 in the first half at Starks Park? Pretty sure I heard Aitken say afterwards that he got the formation wrong and accepted any blame for that. That suggests to me that we are not going to see a more adventurous brand of football any time soon in an away game. It's going to be 4-5-1/4-4-1-1, maybe even 4-6-0 on Saturday. I'm with you though. I'd much rather see us try something else away from home, as adopting the same (failed) tactics time and time again in the hope that they'll produce a different result, borders on evidence of insanity.

I think we might've done on paper, but in the game Gaz spent much of the time quite a long way behind Thomson trying to get some sort of touch on the ball

Just now, FifeArab said:

We must win this, they're a stubborn side so we'll need to grind hard. I think we're getting used to the dirty side of this league so i'm confident. 3-0 united.

How many you score will depend when you score first. If (like Ayr) you grab an early one then it could be a cricket score, our only hope is lasting as long as we can so it doesn't get humiliating. The prospect of facing Tony Andreu is giving me the absolute fear.

Archived