Arabs v Sons

First time back at Tannadice for a year and I really enjoyed it.
Agree with the decision to give Fraser man of the match. His drive on the second half helped to turn the game in our favour.
Flood was interesting to watch. He charged around missing far too many challenges and could never pass quickly enough to hit the runs being made by our forwards. Instead he passed sideways or backwards. His run and header that led to our goal was brilliant though, so I'll forgive him this time.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Donaldson is behind Durnan and, I'm assuming, Toshney (when he is fit). Personally I'd also have him behind Dillon too.

I'd have him behind just about anyone else who's ever played there in the squad to be honest! Maybe it's just against us, because him and Durnan were an absolute car-crash last time we played you guys, but he never really looks like he knows what he's doing.

18 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Was just about to post the very same screenshot. Thought it looked offside at the time but it was Van der Struijk who plays him onside.

It was hard to tell from where we were, but I didn't even get up an celebrate. I just assumed it was off. There wasn't much of a reaction from anybody when it went in, it just sort of went a bit quiet!

18 hours ago, The DA said:

Just being a bit controversial here but why upset the applecart?  We're joint top scorers in the league.

Although we have started picking up points we are really grinding out results as opposed to dominating games and the addition of a good striker who is capable of linking the play would be hugely beneficial. There have been games this season where teams have sat in and we have been short of options to change things. The fact that Murray is the only recognised striker at the club has seen us try VDV, Tope, Andreu and Smith up there at various times without anyone really shining, would say VDV is currently the best option. Don't think you will find too many utd fans not wanting us to bring in another option up top.

Yesterday was a strange combination of some very good, intricate link up play and some atrocious brain farts.  There is definite talent and vision in the team but we lack consistency.

Obadeyi and VdV were poor, though the latter was better in the second half when he changed position.  Van de Stryke, Edgingelli, Fraser and Flood played well but Bell should have got MotM.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cammy Smith wants away early, going on his earlier performances he deserves to be more involved.  Maybe if McKinnon understood the rules on subbies he may at least get some playing time.

Were the officials a job lot from CuntsRUs?  I'm struggling to remember officiating that bad at Tannadice for an age.

Anyway, with a couple of yesterday's results going our way we managed to make progress despite another lacklustre performance.

Donaldson needs to be released asap, can't see him becoming a decent defender.

Seems like Cammy Smith has fallen out of favour, hasn't even came off the past few weeks

Cammy Smith's hot and cold, shows why he can't get a game for Aberdeen.

First time at Tannidice, not bad ground although smaller than I imagined.

Officials were terrible for both teams. It became laughable that nearly every time a Utd player touched a ball on our defensive line they were offside. It's a shame that a lot of games are spoiled by the refs wanting to make it their show.

We played alright in stages, always going to be hard going up against Utd. In saying that if we took our chances and didn't make silly mistakes it could have been a different story.

Time for Aitken and the players to earn their wages and get us out of the situation we're in.

Yesterday was a strange combination of some very good, intricate link up play and some atrocious brain farts.  There is definite talent and vision in the team but we lack consistency.

Obadeyi and VdV were poor, though the latter was better in the second half when he changed position.  Van de Stryke, Edgingelli, Fraser and Flood played well but Bell should have got MotM.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cammy Smith wants away early, going on his earlier performances he deserves to be more involved.  Maybe if McKinnon understood the rules on subbies he may at least get some playing time.

Were the officials a job lot from CuntsRUs?  I'm struggling to remember officiating that bad at Tannadice for an age.

Anyway, with a couple of yesterday's results going our way we managed to make progress despite another lacklustre performance.

Yeah Aberdeen have an option to take Cammy Smith back in January. So wouldn't be surprised if they did and loaned him out somewhere he is gonna play

McKinnon probably thought when bribing him in he'd be a starter but with the signings of Andreu and VDV he hasn't got much chance

Archived