Ayr United v Queen of the South

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RUSTY1111 said:

So not an out and out striker? Did he feature in the 4-1 game at Palmerston?

A modern forward player.  Better in the 3 behind the striker. Currently a 'false 9'

Dreadful first 18 months at Ayr, largely excellent since McCall came in.

Appears to be improving with age like a fine wine. I remember him at Queens as a raw youngster.

Jamie Adams appears to be getting better also. Had great potential at Kilmarnock and holds some kind of loan record at Queens for the number of spells on loan at one club it seems.

Appears to be improving with age like a fine wine. I remember him at Queens as a raw youngster.

Jamie Adams appears to be getting better also. Had great potential at Kilmarnock and holds some kind of loan record at Queens for the number of spells on loan at one club it seems.

That surely belongs to Dale Hilson at Forfar.

They both had four separate spells didnt they? Adams certainly had four at us.

Adams had 4 spells with Queens on loan as well as loan spells at Dundee and Partick.

Noticed that Adams was with Wigtown & Bladnoch before joining Ayr.

19 minutes ago, RUSTY1111 said:

Adams had 4 spells with Queens on loan as well as loan spells at Dundee and Partick.

Noticed that Adams was with Wigtown & Bladnoch before joining Ayr.

He was out for 2 years then went to Wigtown when he started back, mainly because his mates played there. Then McCall gave him a chance at Ayr in pre season, gave him a 6 month contract and extended his deal in January.

I would be interested to hear the reasons why Alan Forrest is not a striker.

He scores goals; is a good finisher; finds space in the penalty area and plays as our furthest-most player.

Was Scott McLauglin a centre back or did that idiot just put him there?

He was out for 2 years then went to Wigtown when he started back, mainly because his mates played there. Then McCall gave him a chance at Ayr in pre season, gave him a 6 month contract and extended his deal in January.

Good on him for getting back into the game. Could have just drifted away. Showed a lot of promise at Killie as a youngster....

17 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Brian Gilmour was a total non-entity at Queens, I don't know what there is to discuss.

He's been one of the most skillful at Ayr since he arrived, even when he was playing pish in a poder puff midfield under Roberts you could still see he had something about him.

Archived