Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

I see the point you're making but it's a bit flimsy. Harper is heading 'home' to a better side in a better league and a generally better footballing country. Maybe he's doing so because he misses home comforts, but it certainly looks like a positive and proactive move career-wise too. Most of the Scots we groan about for scuttling back home are going the opposite way quality-wise (only Paul Lambert coming to mind as an example, but you get what I mean).

He might turn out to be a Feruz, but he hasn't acted the w*nk yet (that I know of), and seems to be interested in having a career - be that at the top level or otherwise.

Harper is doing the right thing, but it is by no means a given he'll make the Malaga or indeed any first team. We really have no idea how good he is.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Strange how Scots who leave foreign countries to return home are slated yet Harper doing the same is lauded.

Hes heading down the Feruz route of not having enough senior games to ever fulfil his potential

Scots who head back to Scotland are almost always returning to a far lower level of football. Harper has gone the other way.

It was a penalty. Strange to see him taking them?

Also, naismith got a late equaliser for Norwich

Fairly certain he scored one against you in the 2-2 cup game at Ibrox when Scott Brown got the equaliser.

Seems like big chris martin has burnt his bridges at fulham after taking the huff and not wanting to play.

If he dosen't go back to Derby he might not play again this season.

Hopefully rhodes can get a run out for boro today in the FA cup.

Matt Phillips has the 2nd most assists in the Premier League this season (1 behind De Bruyne). Surely Strachan will include him in the next squad...

I have zero confidence in that happening at all.

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Now now. Perhaps Phillips will need to spend more time with his family. Or, more likely, WGS will already 'know what Phillips can do'.

8 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Like 99% of scotland fans...there's about 3 or 4 players who right now are playing out there skin and should be in the team never mind the squad,  he won't pick any of them to play against slovenia

Archived