Airdrieonians vs. Peterhead

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Airdrie manager clapping each Airdrie player at the end and giving  them a pat on the head after a 3 .1 home defeat .Are we for real

He said "Don't direct your anger to the players, they are trying their best out there, direct them to me." Nonsense. As much as tactics, professional footballers that can't do the basics are to blame.

The 3rd goal just summmed things up for me.

Airdrie fans saying he's decent as well. 

Poor player, culpable for 2nd & 3rd.

airdrie looked like a young team who are scared to get on the ball as soon as fans start booing.

Is the fans maybe the reason that they seem to perform better away from home.

That was absolutely depressing. Left before the third one went in. Surprised to hear McBride managed to take his hands out his pockets. He really is out of his depth. Stewart's wasted at right back, he should be in the middle of the park, and we need at least three defenders. Gorman the only one worth keeping on in defence. Even then I'm not sure he'd cut it long term. Brown, you're a gutless, lazy posing shitebag. Not sure where Conroy was supposed to be playing started on the left and ended up in front of centre halves. Either way he did bugger all. Leitch, surprised he didn't get booked for persistent fouling and didn't find an Airdrie shirt with a pass all game. Fitzpatrick, I've always given the benefit of the doubt but no more, you can't run, pass or defend. Your times got to be up. Russell, not the player I thought we were signing. Unable to keep it simple and not really interested in creating a partnership with Ryan. Ryan, feel sorry for him. Would score a barrow load if he could get a supply. Ferguson,too much responsibility too soon, dirtibution is dross, decision making crap and hopeless with cross balls. We desperately need a manager, hope the Danny Lennon rumour started by Wasp1 is true but will need to be sooner or later. EWB and King appear to have sold Wotherspoon a dream and sold us down the river without a paddle.

Do you think Danny can turn things around 

Let's be honest last season you couldn't make the play offs under Danny 

I do think there are better options out there than Danny 

Imo if Danny is appointed it's not a good one 

Darren Young would be a better option 

Wasp1 it took DL a few weeks but he eventually turned it round. I know he wasn't liked at Alloa but he done a job with Cowdenbeath and St Mirren. We need the change soon though. Personally I was a fan of Bollan and would like to have seen him get the budget to spend as he seen fit i.e. Stay part time with good quality p/t players or a mix of both. Not sure who's available other than DL or Ian Murray.

Danny was very well liked at Alloa and Danny chose to leave Alloa 

Very very professional manager but at this stage there are better managers out there imo 

Airdrie are a full time club with one of the biggest budgets in div 1

Murray Lennon Young Barry Smith and others would jump at the job

The club have to move on is EWB coming back or no

Who has over the last 6 months had the final say on signing those players 

Some fans shouting for McBride to stepdown.

Lets put this in perspective he was giving the job on interm basis ( no security and uncertanity amongst the supporters). The assistants Jennow was put on him ( not his choice) and I believe their is a very strong possibility that TW suggested Goram. 

TW is far from blameless he was one who employed King and has now brought in Dalziel to look at the football operations ( undermining McBride and also leaving both McBride and the players unsure of what the future hold for who they regard at the gaffer).

TW made the choice to go full time and yes it has been suggested we have lost some players through Kings involvement ( TW should have intervened sooner).

TW said no loan signings ( shouldn't that be the managers choice) why then TW do we have Scullion on loan from Hamilton.

TW said no part time players ( shouldn't the manager be gaving a budget irrespective if a couple of players are part time)

TW you said you don't get to much involved in my oppinon you are restricking inexpierenced manager ( who is learning) to what he can and can't do and hanging him out to dry.

TW i would love to here a response from yourself, 

As an outsider this is possibly the most spot on post I've seen on here.

A young manager has been given the job in tragic circumstances , but sad as it is to say the decision should have been made sooner as it was obvious EWB wasn't coming back quickly. He's been left with an assistant who by all accounts isn't up to much. 

King stalled on contracts allowing the 2 CB's Crichton & Lithgow to go. Parry left to stay PT. Cox ,Cadden , Watt? Lister & Prunty were allowed to go. Am I missing more? 

All decent players at this level.

think it's well known Hugo was given the contract of his life for the worst player at club.

How many of the signings were made by KMcB & it must be hard to get players to go ft as money can't be the best. 

Boetang - Jury out(being nice) 

Russell - Decent start but poor spell 

Ryan - Stand out 

Conroy - ?? 

Schmidt -. Is what he is, a cheap sub.

Leitch - decent 

Some of the signings made by King are  2 year deals and won't be going anywhere, so be hard for anyone.

What is Dalziel going to bring to the table ? 

The money being spent on him would have been better going on a CB 

Archived