Airdrieonians vs. Peterhead

Well, I can see we can all barely contain our excitement for this one.

I've not really been following the Blue Toon's fortunes closely this season, but I'm surprised to see that they've been struggling.  Has Mr. Goals been injured or something?

Anyway, going for a home win here.  We've not exactly set the heather alight this season, but hopefully the win over Alloa is the start of something better.  Gotta hold onto hope, after all.

Won't be making it through to Airdrie for this one, so I'm glad it's on the telly.  If the commentators say anything about Bluetooth headsets in the Airdrie dugout, I'll translate if here...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Well, I can see we can all barely contain our excitement for this one.

I've not really been following the Blue Toon's fortunes closely this season, but I'm surprised to see that they've been struggling.  Has Mr. Goals been injured or something?

Anyway, going for a home win here.  We've not exactly set the heather alight this season, but hopefully the win over Alloa is the start of something better.  Gotta hold onto hope, after all.

Won't be making it through to Airdrie for this one, so I'm glad it's on the telly.  If the commentators say anything about Bluetooth headsets in the Airdrie dugout, I'll translate if here...

Rory is taking a year off scoring as the rest of the team can't be arsed.

I won't make it down the road for this though so might have to see if I can get done in time to watch it in the telly. Will be good to see our team from a T.V as I always think we have problems with shape and organisation so it will be interesting to see us from a higher angle for a change.

We have to start winning games at some point so why no this one?

This is a game we should be winning but Peterhead are exactly the sort of team that would beat us. They're a streetwise and cynical team, nothing wrong with that, but I can see our team of wee boys struggling to deal with it. 2 - 1 either side.

On 14/10/2016 at 16:21, Kennboy1978 said:

BBC Alba

Delighted to see young Under-17 Development goalkeeper Michael McGee

on the bench for Airdie ( BBC ALBA note it is not spelt McGhee).

Michael, from Cumbernauld, joined our Goalkeeping Coaching Academy 

last March when he played with Seafar Villa. Has been coached at a very

good level with us, and given the experience of working alongside goalies

much older and more experienced. This is what I offered EWB when we 

spoke about coaching at Airdrie, and it fell on deaf ears.

HALF-TIME INTERVIEW ON BBC ALBA with Eddie Wolecki Black. Should

be interesting gents.

17 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

How long has there been multicoloured seats behind the goal?

Edit - I see it's shirts draped over them. Why's that?

It's laundry day in Airdrie, the locals have brought their washing up from the burn to dry them under cover.

Not much to write home about in the first half.  We had a decent spell, but really lacking penetration and making very little use of corners and free kicks.  Knowing how poor we are defending cross balls, we should much more careful about giving away fouls around the box.  Luckily their free kicks haven't been up to much, but you can't rely on that.

For both sides, it's been very bitty and broken up.  Uabhasach briste, as the commentator said.  

Archived