Gow Unfairly treated by the SJFA

Wags9

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Under their own rules, they can't make any decision without the referees report, as their rules state that referees report is the only evidence they will accept! i.e. If it isn't in the report, it didn't happen! So surely the grounds for appeal would be around that part of the ruling?

The only person to blame is the match ref who couldn't count to 90 minutes , it's not the Beaks fault , lesmahagow or neilstons fault it's the match officials fault and its a horrendous error on his part , officials will always make mistakes during games and its to be fully expected , however to be incapable of playing 90 minutes is unpardonable . 

16 hours ago, stewsy14 said:

Under their own rules, they can't make any decision without the referees report, as their rules state that referees report is the only evidence they will accept! i.e. If it isn't in the report, it didn't happen! So surely the grounds for appeal would be around that part of the ruling?

Fair comment no refs report how can they possibly make a fair decision. When I left the game I thought Neilston showed bad sportsmanship, I'm sure if they were winning 3-1 they would have had the players back out. I would also have liked to have see the Gow put an appeal in.

The other point I would make if the Gow were asked to go back out there committee would have told Rab to get on with it regardless of what the result was. 

13 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

There is NO WAY this would happen without the refs report, who stated that? and can they prove it?

Its been in the local papers & I also read it in the Sun yesterday. Rab saying the decision was made without a refs report. I take it the Gow must have asked to see it?

15 minutes ago, THECABBAGE said:

Its been in the local papers & I also read it in the Sun yesterday. Rab saying the decision was made without a refs report. I take it the Gow must have asked to see it?

it's been in the local papers?? quality source. We know how pedantic things can get about paperwork and procedures etc being followed properly, I find it impossible to believe they would leave themselves open on this regard.

I've had a look at the Laws of the game and the International Boards guidance for referees and from this I dont think the game should be replayed. 

The Laws say that the referee is the timekeeper and that all his decisions regarding the facts of the match are final. So if the ref says time is up then time is up even if everyone knows 45 minutes haven't been played. The Laws also state that a referee may change a decision he realises was incorrect unless he has already restarted the game or the match has ended. Neilston were probably right not to come back out as the ref was in the wrong to try to restart a game he has called full time on.

The only bit in the referees guidance I think is relevant is that the referee cannot compensate for a timekeeping error in the first half by altering the duration of the second half. So if he only played 36 minutes in the first half there would still only be 45 in the second giving a total of 81 the same as in this game. This must constitute a valid game otherwise it should say that as soon as a referee realises he didn't play the full 45 mins in the first half the game should be abandoned because the losing team is going to want it replayed anyway.

Unless the association has a bye law dealing with this specific situation I think the Laws suggest the result should stand.

its one of those situations where if it our team being beat you would want the replay but not if you are winning. Did the red realise before Neilston went to the changing room or did they scarper straight away?

also folk saying without refs report their own rules say cant do anything does anyone have a copy of where it says that?

Archived