Alternate Cup Final

• 2 weeks later...

Fixtures sent out the other week say the final will be at 7.30pm on Friday, December 9. No venue until the finalists are known, guessing Palmerston will be the favourite?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
For some reason I can't post in the other thread:

[/url]

EOS FA plus LTHV social media says Lochar Thistle and Lothian Thistle HV will meet at Mid Annandale on Saturday 29th April in the South & East of Scotland Cup Winners' Shield:

Strange choice of venue? Thought it would be a venue more neutral to both teams.

I think Lothian Thistle will start clear favourites for this. The East side would fancy their chances against any South of Scotland team I'd say.

It's a fair point and I did think that myself wen I saw the announcement.

However, what kind of crowd would come to somewhere like Hawick or Gala? Maybe better to have it closer to one of the teams and get a local turn-out.

I'm sure LTHV will be favourites. They're challenging for EOSL and are in EOS Qualifying Cup Final, EOS Cup SFs and South Challenge Cup QFs. Lochar are mid-table in SOSL.

Anything can happen though. LTHV's success also means lots of other commitments and "big games" in succession.

HibeeJibee you could be right. Wouldn't think Lochar Thistle have a large following though?
Will their be a full programme of South games that day also?
I notice Lochar are 4th in SOS League.
Good incentive for the winners. A place in the SFA Scottish Cup for 17/18 season.

2 hours ago, Aguerooooo said:

HibeeJibee you could be right. Wouldn't think Lochar Thistle have a large following though?
Good incentive for the winners. A place in the SFA Scottish Cup for 17/18 season.

Is it confirmed that the winners will get into the Scottish Cup?

2 hours ago, stanley said:

I'd wondered that too. I know that was the intention but have never seen anything official on that front. Would be surprised if the SFA agreed to it to be honest!

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

I'd wondered that too. I know that was the intention but have never seen anything official on that front. Would be surprised if the SFA agreed to it to be honest!

They already let Junior and Amateur Cup winners qualify. EOSL/SOSL clubs can't enter those competitions, so it'd simply level the playing field?

In 11yrs only Crichton have ever qualified through SOSL - title's been monopolised by SFA members. Plus they dropped those licensed members into preliminaries this season.

I believe it has not been guaranteed yet...

Don't think there will be any south games on that day! But I may be wrong! I believe there my be a Friday cup final that weekend though

• 1 month later...

Archived