Flu Jag

Romeo

Have you had the flu jag this year.  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Working in health care I get offered and take the flu jag every year. I hear some amount of unfounded shite about the flu jag, but what to the P&B doctors think?

I hadn't realised there was a tinfoil hat element to the non-believers. I used to get it and would then be properly level 10 manflu knocked-out ill for about 6 weeks. The rest of the time I'm like Captain Scarlett, such is my resistance to bugs etc. I don't bother getting it any more and have not had the colds/bugs. 

The doctors and nurses get pissed off when I say I don't want it as it makes me ill but it was just based on my experience of having it a few years in a row and then having six weeks or so of colds and fever. They roll their eyes and say "there's nothing in it that can make you ill". I don't dispute it but I find when I get it I fall ill and when I don't get it I stay healthy. I'm guessing from your post that there must be some sort of ill-founded campaign against it? 

I get it, but mainly because they guilt me into it by coming round to the ward. Saves the hassle of making an appointment I guess.

I had horrendous flu one year, properly unwell and rigoring. Not had it since I started getting the vaccine though.

48 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Flu is a fallacy, same as house flies & banana boats.

Well, I've  never seen a house fly, nor a banana boat. Flu, on the other hand...

The first time I got the jag I felt utter shit for a couple of days. Not since then though.

I get it because apparently I could die if I get flu. Blocked artery. I'm not allowed to give blood either in case the top in pressure gives me a heart attack.

The first time I got the jag I felt utter shit for a couple of days. Not since then though.

I get it because apparently I could die if I get flu. Blocked artery. I'm not allowed to give blood either in case the top in pressure gives me a heart attack.

Surely if you give blood, you lose pressure? Or do Rich Tea biscuits & orange squash have the same effect as E's & whizz now?

My missus used to get it because of her asthma, and guaranteed the next day she would be dying. Doctor had to be called out and she was put on a nebuliser to help her breathe, but it was never the flu jag, even though it happened 3 years in a row after she got it.
She stopped going for the jags about 7/8 years ago and has had no flu and no bother with her asthma since.
After watching what she went through because of that injection, there is no way I would ever get it.
Each to their own though.

1 minute ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I think I've caught a touch of the flu so I've went to my local pub that's pretty much an old mans bar.

Hopefully it'll wipe out a few of the bed blockers before the cold snap.

Is the pub in the hospital?

Archived