Viewfield Rovers, Lochwinnoch

Ali McMaster

10 hours ago, Ali McMaster said:

Players required to help the club to continue to compete in Caledonian league. Own facilities in place after renovation and now need a team to match. If interested then please get in touch.View our Facebook page. 

Thanks Geo87 - getting facilities back in shape after them running down. Now to get a team to match!

Viewfield rovers were an excellent amateur team for years and probably the best in Scotland for years and they came close numerous times before they eventually won the SCOTTISH cup . 

Mr turner and his son were firmly at the heartbeat down in lochwinnoch during this amazing time and I'm sure most of the great team were from the nitshill area , the ground and over all setup would have put loads of junior teams to Shame back then , was quite saddened a few months ago to pass by the ground and the whole placed looked very tired and run down , excellent news to hear of things improving now though . 

When people talk about big amateur names of the past and present its always Knockentiber , Hurlford , Clark drive , heathside, shortlees , colville park, bannockburn etc ,make no doubt about it viewfield rovers ( in the 90s I think ) were as good as anyone with a setup and ground that is rarely seen at this level . 

1 hour ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Viewfield rovers were an excellent amateur team for years and probably the best in Scotland for years and they came close numerous times before they eventually won the SCOTTISH cup . 

Mr turner and his son were firmly at the heartbeat down in lochwinnoch during this amazing time and I'm sure most of the great team were from the nitshill area , the ground and over all setup would have put loads of junior teams to Shame back then , was quite saddened a few months ago to pass by the ground and the whole placed looked very tired and run down , excellent news to hear of things improving now though . 

When people talk about big amateur names of the past and present its always Knockentiber , Hurlford , Clark drive , heathside, shortlees , colville park, bannockburn etc ,make no doubt about it viewfield rovers ( in the 90s I think ) were as good as anyone with a setup and ground that is rarely seen at this level . 

were they f**k. utter shite. stop trying to attach yer team from yesteryear to teams of today. utter dung and should have been papped out last season after failing to fulfill fixtures many times. 

5 hours ago, Barnsey2 said:

were they f**k. utter shite. stop trying to attach yer team from yesteryear to teams of today. utter dung and should have been papped out last season after failing to fulfill fixtures many times. 

A think you've Mis-red his comment mate

7 hours ago, Barnsey2 said:

A think you need yer hole. Very angry wee man.

11 hours ago, Barnsey2 said:

What in gods name are you even on about ? Read my post and the context of it before spouting unadulterated nonsense . 

Hertha/BJC1938 you are 100% correct Wullie Turner had a great set up [ even with the slope ] at Viewfield and that's how he attracted players from Glasgow south side who were mostly always had to play on red ash and he was one of the guys who started the Cally League.

great club in its hey day hopefully the people in charge get it back to the top again

8 hours ago, PhantomExpert said:

He's a p***k. Couldn't hack it at the harp and now away to Eastfield.

Feel sorry for big Dunnitt having to cover his arse

Couldn't hack it? Really? I started every week for harp. I've not a bad word to say about harp, I like them and hope they do well. We just went our seperate ways. Nothing personal. Dunnetts class lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived