In a pub

number4

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Best player to play with his country from that era for me is the ex shetttleston sweeper Brian smith who later stepped up to play for Clyde , class and accomplished player who read the game immensely , he could have played with any junior team in Scotland as he was immense . 

Yes smiddy was immense for us during his spell at Clyde , Old fashioned sweeper who read the game very well

8 minutes ago, andy25 said:

None of them could compare to Derek Love .

Derek love was so notorious for it he eventually got denied stonewallers as his reputation went before him , some of his dives were incredible and refs got conned initially by him . 

Without a doubt the biggest culprit I've ever saw in the juniors for diving and he done it lots with us .

Scotland squad was devine (arthurlie) meldrum (kilwinning) gemmell (Auchinleck) day (cumnock) Jones (downfield) Smith (shettleston) Smith (camelon) anderson (kilwinning) sinclair (lesmahagow) rennie (glenafton) mclaughlin (beith) Hendry (camelon) love (kilwinning) mackay (Tayport) Spence (Kelty) harkness (cumnock)

Sadly am at an age now where I remember alot of those players now, big sinky who went on to have a spell managing us was a big classy player, devine played in goals for us too, a mind gemmill an day, and the two smiths, all good players an hard as nails too, mclauglin played on the wing? Mind him too, an I'm sure the guy harkness's nickname was rusty? Feel free anyone to correct me?

1 hour ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Did George connelly of celtic fame not play for Oakley at some point? He came from that area a think.
Kenny Dalglish wash sent to cumbernauld on loan, Im sure he didn't just go from cumbernauld to celtic?

He played for Sauche after his time at Celtic

Archived