In a pub

number4

I am in a Scottish pub in Spain and on the wall is a junior scotland top and cap with the name John McLaughlin on it 1992 ,anybody know anything about this player and who he played for?bar staff don't know

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, number4 said:

I am in a Scottish pub in Spain and on the wall is a junior scotland top and cap with the name John McLaughlin on it 1992 ,anybody know anything about this player and who he played for?bar staff don't know

I've no idea why it's found its way to Spain as I salvaged it from the beith Masonic pub about two years ago when the new owner who's a personal friend took ownership of the pub.

Last I knew these were at bellsdale park after I handed them over :lol: 

John " the jiver " McGlaughlin was an amazing winger and an incredible footballer . :) 

Scotland squad was devine (arthurlie) meldrum (kilwinning) gemmell (Auchinleck) day (cumnock) Jones (downfield) Smith (shettleston) Smith (camelon) anderson (kilwinning) sinclair (lesmahagow) rennie (glenafton) mclaughlin (beith) Hendry (camelon) love (kilwinning) mackay (Tayport) Spence (Kelty) harkness (cumnock)

It was 93/94

Can't have been if Tom Brown scored as he made his debut (and scored) for Kilmarnock against Dundee in August 1993.

Changed days indeed with 3 of those mentioned making a move straight from Juniors to Premier Divison. I would argue that Brown and Anderson would be better than most in our squad today.

Hopefully this will turn back into a decent thread now the inane drivel appears to have been deleted.

Some cracking players in that squad and you are right about the quality of the two full backs. Some right good players from that time never got a look in either, certainly always felt John Phillips at the buffs was worthy of recognition.

Archived