Auchinleck Talbot 2016/17

Blackie Gold

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard fought win. The wee sh**e at the end deserved to get red carded.

Buffs catering facilities top notch. (Pies 10 stars out of 10). Good set up at the park.... and of course it's always a pleasure to see Talbot getting another win over a Strain[emoji1]

4 minutes ago, Talbot Bing said:

Buffs catering facilities top notch. (Pies 10 stars out of 10). 

Agree, really good food!!! and they went out of their way to ensure the friendly neighborhood cameraman was well fed and watered. which made freezing half to death a pleasure! Many thanks again to the Buffs. 

Having seen both teams this season, Beith offer a lot more going forward and are far and away a better footballing team. Talbot are physical and strong at the back, but were only ever likely to score yesterday from a set piece and don't think they offer as much in an attacking sense. Should be a good game, but would have Beith as favourites.

23 minutes ago, The viper said:

Having seen both teams this season, Beith offer a lot more going forward and are far and away a better footballing team. Talbot are physical and strong at the back, but were only ever likely to score yesterday from a set piece and don't think they offer as much in an attacking sense. Should be a good game, but would have Beith as favourites.

No discredit to the Buffs, who played some nice football yesterday but I wouldn't have used that game as an example of how the Bot normally play. That said 3 points on the board, job done 

No discredit to the Buffs, who played some nice football yesterday but I wouldn't have used that game as an example of how the Bot normally play. That said 3 points on the board, job done 

I've never seen Talbot play much differently than they did yesterday. Very strong defence and extremely hard working midfield limited any space Kilwinning had to work with which meant they had to resort to playing balls in behind which the big defenders accepted gladly.

How Shankland gets in the team before Wilson is beyond me.

Good highlights again.

Just trying to be objective, the times I have seen Talbot, they haven't played much differently. If Cashmore had taken his chance in the first half, I think that would have changed the whole dynamic of the game and you would need to have come out more and given the Buffs more space, which could have given you problems.

This season I think you are a solid team who will grind out a few results like yesterday, but might struggle against some teams as I don't think you have enough going forward.

Buffs forwards weren't really able to bully your back line physically yesterday and missed a player like Stewart who we had last season.

Think Buffs will do ok in the cups again this season and will hopefully consolidate in the league.

Good highlights although only thing missing was the most foul mouthed female I have ever heard supporting your team!!

The same could be said about Hyslop's miss and the cracking save by Strain from Shankland in the first half. Ashgrove's chance was possibly the best opportunity in the first 45 minutes and no doubt 9/10 times he would have buried it. Really pleased with the points and Abbey Park is looking well since my last visit.

• 4 weeks later...

That was more like it best team won, after a close first 20mins we took control and never looked like losing if it wasnt for longmuir in the pollok goal it would of been 8 or 9 so now we look forward to another toughie at Beith i canny wait bring it on #eekapeeka

• 1 month later...
Really hoping that yesterday's result can get some consistency back into Talbot's play.
I would love to see a big unbeaten or winning run for 10 games at least. Mon the Talbot!

You could see in the faces of the players how much that win meant.

Archived