Big Celtic Administration/Liquidation Thread

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Karl Fletcher said:

"  Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne, former St Mirren caretaker boss Gary Teale and ex-Scotland captain Gary 
McAllister are being probed over
investments in schemes including Inside Track Productions, Ingenious Film Partners 2 and Ingenious Games LLP."

3 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Who?

All the "ethnic minority" teams like Hibs - oh, hold on a minute - Dundee United - eh, hold on another minute - well, Celtic then. Get them relegated.

Would be very keen to see wealthy individuals who duck obligations the rest of us meet, absolutely hammered for their moral failings. 

I don't think however, that there's any suggestion of players being deceitfully registered to play.

Isn't amazing how so many Celtic players, officials and management all came up with exactly the same scheme.....

It's almost as if it was used to attract better players to the club than they could afford.

30 minutes ago, bennett said:

Isn't amazing how so many Celtic players, officials and management all came up with exactly the same scheme.....

It's almost as if it was used to attract better players to the club than they could afford.

Indeed Bennett, but the title stripping question related to player registration.

Does the subtlety of this point really escape you Bennett, or are you just being a bit of an arse?

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Indeed Bennett, but the title stripping question related to player registration.

Does the subtlety of this point really escape you Bennett, or are you just being a bit of an arse?

Rangers did not issue second or dual contracts. Rangers did however issue its players with letters explaining the workings of the EBT. The Tribunal adjudged that these letters were contractual. They should thus have been disclosed to the SFA / SPL. It was the scale of this non-disclosure, and the fact that Rangers did not seek tax or accountancy advice that damned them.

I wonder if there is a paper trail from the beneficiaries of this tax dodge to Celtic.  I doubt it.  Too sleekit ;)

Just now, castilla said:

Rangers did not issue second or dual contracts. Rangers did however issue its players with letters explaining the workings of the EBT. The Tribunal adjudged that these letters were contractual. They should thus have been disclosed to the SFA / SPL. It was the scale of this non-disclosure and the fact that Rangers did not seek tax or accountancy advice that damned them.

I wonder if there is a paper trail to the beneficiaries of this tax dodge to Celtic.  I doubt it.  Too sleekit ;)

I'm not referring to the prolonged machinations of the tribunal though.

I'm referring to the improper registration of players in competitions, the offence that saw them receive a record fine and that should have, in my view, seen titles removed and declared void.

4 hours ago, Romeo said:

Ah well, caught rotten.

Thank f**k we were never liquidated.

Who has been liquidated?  The Oldco is going through the process.  Still not completed, and won't be for some time.  Meantime the club has been taken over by another holding company.  I'm sure you really know this. ;)

8 minutes ago, castilla said:

Who has been liquidated?  The Oldco is going through the process.  Still not completed, and won't be for some time.  Meantime the club has been taken over by another holding company.  I'm sure you really know this. ;)

I wonder who this could be :rolleyes:

Archived