Scotland squad next month

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wallace looked very decent playing against dross like ourselves over the past few years - albeit I didn't ever think he looked as good as Rangers fans said he was. He's looked very average (bordering on woeful) in any Rangers game that I've seen on TV this year too. The idea of him starting gives me the fear.

I'd start Kingsley, he's been decent for Swansea by all accounts and is playing at a far better level. I suspect Strachan won't like his lack of experience or the fact he's only about 5"9 though and will start Gordon Greer at LB as a result.

I believe he was dropped for Bradley's first game in charge then started last weekend. I haven't seen him play though so couldn't really say how much better he is than Wallace!

All I know is that this is a fuxking disaster. Nicky Devlin went past Wallace with ease several times when we played them in the challenge cup; shouldn't be near a Scotland side.

I have seen Kingsley play this season, seen him play for Swansea at the King Power against Leicester, he was not great

See this is the problem with putting mediocrity like Wallace in the squad just to try and get bears to support Scotland rather than England and fluff the oh-so sensitive and comprehensively damaged egos of their neanderthal support. There may come a time due injuries when some folk actually consider putting the 7th or 8th best Scottish left back in the starting line up, in a game that matters.

Fucking madness these "pals picks" and it is exactly this kind of attitude that keeps us out of tournaments. Imagine we were at a finals, and Robertson and Tierney were out, you'd have to play Wallace, and he. Is. Not. Fucking. Good enough. 

I know Gordon Strachan is an avid P&B reader so just to save you some time Gordy, here's the clubs number :  01224 650400  ask for Deek, and I can guarantee that he'll be delighted to release the nations best LB to serve his country. Added bonus is there's no chance he'll retire to concentrate on club football then change is mind because he quite fancies a big game at Wembley.

That's a big issue with Tierney and Robertson out. Two words.

Phil Bardsley. Can play either full back position and is still contributing for an EPL side.

There is clearly an issue of some sort as he's not been selected since the early part of Strachan's reign. It doesn't matter if he doesn't make the whole squad laugh through the week or doesn't fit into this whole group ethos mumble jumble that seems to be levelled at another missing persons - the apparently reserved Ross McCormack.

Pick your best players. Always.

If Lee Wallace is selected and he isn't a bad player but he is very much a good championship player and an average SPL one. If Strachan elects for him then it's clearly not for football reasons then sack the bass after the out of depth Wallace's inevitable hounding against a Sterling,etc.

Archived