Scotland squad next month

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness, we all know the arrogant wee c**t isnt going to walk so it will be the same players and tactics he fails repeatedly with. 

In my opinion, we are weak in central defence and at right back, so we must play 5 at the back, possibly add Berra in with Hanley and Martin? It has to be Paterson or Hutton at right back as there is not an alternative. Robertson or Teirney at Left back. A centre mid pairing of Snodgrass and Gauld or one of Adam/Morrison/Fletcher. Burke on the right, Anya on the Left and Griffiths or McCormack up front.

Just an idea like, because what that wee p***k is doing is not working.

Is there a group of players we all agree should be starting for Scotland? If we're trying to combine short and long term surely the following would be in everyones starting XI

Robertson, Paterson, Burke, Ritchie, Griffiths and Snodgrass.

That's six out of ten (excluding GK) starting spots covered already, someone disagree? Add to that Hanley and Martin, who we simply don't have replacements for and you're two central midfielders out for a first team.

Then for the squad you add the youngsters McKay, Kingsley, McGinn, Tierney and Hamilton. Next Anya, Morrison, Bannan, McArthur, Marshall and all your other standards in aswell and the squad has basically made itself.

Most importantly, get yer Fletchers, Chris Martin and all the other lumbering, zero pace clowns away fae that national team.

Any disagreements here?

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Is there a group of players we all agree should be starting for Scotland? If we're trying to combine short and long term surely the following would be in everyones starting XI

That's six out of ten (excluding GK) starting spots covered already, someone disagree? Add to that Hanley and Martin, who we simply don't have replacements for and you're two central midfielders out for a first team.

Then for the squad you add the youngsters McKay, Kingsley, McGinn, Tierney and Hamilton. Next Anya, Morrison, Bannan, McArthur, Marshall and all your other standards in aswell and the squad has basically made itself.

Most importantly, get yer Fletchers, Chris Martin and all the other lumbering, zero pace clowns away fae that national team.

Any disagreements here?

Yes.

Any disagreements here?

Paterson is out of his depth at international level. The boy has potential but he's not ready to be our first choice right back imo.

1 minute ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Paterson is out of his depth at international level. The boy has potential but he's not ready to be our first choice right back imo.

I agree on that mate, I should have made that clearer (short term/long term thinking). I put Burke in the exact same category to be honest, but if we want any hope of a good team down the road, these players with high potential need to be playing for me. U21 doesn't turn them into world class players. Who would you have ahead of him?

I agree on that mate, I should have made that clearer (short term/long term thinking). I put Burke in the exact same category to be honest, but if we want any hope of a good team down the road, these players with high potential need to be playing for me. U21 doesn't turn them into world class players. Who would you have ahead of him?

Don't get me wrong I think the boy has the potential to be our first choice right back but he's not quite ready in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, KingQuerrey said:

None of those players should be guaranteed starters for Scotland. Only David Marshall falls into that category. And that's mainly because the other goalies we have are crap.

Oh come on. Our selection of goalies aren`t brilliant but compared to almost any other position than left back they are pretty reasonable.

None of those players should be guaranteed starters for Scotland. Only David Marshall falls into that category. And that's mainly because the other goalies we have are crap.

To be fair we have actually been blessed with good goalkeepers over the last decade or so. Obviously Gordon has had his problem with injuries but McGregor and Marshall are quality keepers. McGregor was fantastic in his prime.

Griffiths should start. McCormack should be called upon. Get wee Gauldy in tae. f**k it. We have nothing to lose. The current team has no spirit and we're going to need a hell of a lot of it for the England game. So shake things up and get some c***s in who have the hunger.

And get Strachan out. Get him into the North Sea.

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Cheers mate. Do me a favour and take a minute to tell me: do you disagree on the 6 starters or the rest of my rambling?

At the moment I'm not too sure what formation we should be playing (would like to try a five at the back although I'm not sure how it would work out) so I find it difficult to nail down certain starters. However, as much as Paterson may have potential he hasn't looked anywhere near ready. Ritchie has seldom performed apart from against Malta and as much as I like Snodgrass he's had three games since coming back from injury and the only game he has shown anything in was also against Malta. Robertson in particular and Griffiths I agree should probably be starting but Burke needs to work on parts of his game.

There is one common factor in all these poor performances I've mentioned though, if a new manager comes in and has a few games I'd find it easier to build a team.

Archived