foreign manager next please

pub car king

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, S7C said:

Marcelo Bielsa :lol:

He's mental enough to take the job.

Can you imagine the utter morons that make up our squad trying to figure out how to play in a high pressing 3-5-2?

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I'd be doing whatever it takes to offer Brendan Rodgers the job. Offer a couple of full time assistants to work under him to take the work load off and get the law peCelticople to go over things with Celtic and try and work a compromise.

Very unlikely but I think he'd be a decent choice and he may well see it as something he can brand himself with. Worth a shot.

No chance, on several levels. He wouldn't take it; Celtic wouldn't let him; there's nothing to suggest he'd be anything special.

Anyway, the problem's not the manager but the lack of players and the shite style of football (although I'm not suggesting Strachan isn't a problem, clearly he is but he's not the problem). I really don't want to be one of those guys but fundamentally we need to make changes to the way we teach and play football. f**k knows how you do that but the lack of progress resulting from recent tinkering suggests it has to be fairly radical. Or really basic. f**k knows but I'd be concentrating on structure in the first instance: facilities, coaching, finances rather than first team manager.

No chance, on several levels. He wouldn't take it; Celtic wouldn't let him; there's nothing to suggest he'd be anything special.

Anyway, the problem's not the manager but the lack of players and the shite style of football (although I'm not suggesting Strachan isn't a problem, clearly he is but he's not the problem). I really don't want to be one of those guys but fundamentally we need to make changes to the way we teach and play football. f**k knows how you do that but the lack of progress resulting from recent tinkering suggests it has to be fairly radical. Or really basic. f**k knows but I'd be concentrating on structure in the first instance: facilities, coaching, finances rather than first team manager.

Whilst I agree with you, the first team manager needs to be involved with all that as well. I would like them to appoint someone who can influence that side of things as well as simply being the first team coach.

Scotland don't have enough players playing at the highest level. It's as simple as that. A majority of the squad are Championship players afterall.

No doubt someone will mention Iceland as an example but they have an experienced international manager as well as some decent players who play in the Premier League/ Serie A. For me it's no comparison.

Just now, Jambomo said:

Whilst I agree with you, the first team manager needs to be involved with all that as well. I would like them to appoint someone who can influence that side of things as well as simply being the first team coach.

The problem with allowing the first team coach to lead the process is that his position quickly becomes untenable when the first team are shite. 

It's jobs for the boys when it comes to the SFA. It'll be Paul Lambert or Steve Clark. 

In my own we fantasy land, I'd like to see us point either of: Morten Olsen, Lars Lagerback, Laurent Blanc

If we can soften the Tartan Army to the idea of an English manager then there's only really one man for the job

BP6BRG-CMAAPhSC.jpg:large

Archived