Brechin Vs Alloa

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Could maybe name a couple of chances, our goalkeeper hardly had anything to do...maybe you could argue second half but nothing first half.

Serious penalty shout in first half when Jacko jinked his way through a series of lunges to be tripped when away to shoot .  Other than that the first half was fairly even.   I think if we equalised late on no one would really have been upset.  It was a keenly fought game in difficult conditions.  Goodwin frustrates the hell out of me with the shit he gets away with but in fairness he ran the show and was there when he needed to be with some great defensive work. 

Definite penalty second half as well when the ball was charged down at head height. But McKendrick was never going to give any decisions which Goodwin would contest !!! :whistle

Serious penalty shout in first half when Jacko jinked his way through a series of lunges to be tripped when away to shoot .  Other than that the first half was fairly even.   I think if we equalised late on no one would really have been upset.  It was a keenly fought game in difficult conditions.  Goodwin frustrates the hell out of me with the shit he gets away with but in fairness he ran the show and was there when he needed to be with some great defensive work. 

Definite penalty second half as well when the ball was charged down at head height. But McKendrick was never going to give any decisions which Goodwin would contest !!! :whistle

I cannot comment on the penalties i have not been close enough, i'd have to see the highlights to comment.

Dont know what happened with the handball in the first half, someone handballed it anyway.

At least you are being honest, its usually how our games go to be fair we have all the possession then get punished, i thought thats how it was going to go today.

I fully agree with you about goodwin, i think he makes needless tackles etc..he is only just back from a 2 game ban..

1 minute ago, whereismillar said:
Home TeamBrechinAway TeamAlloa
Possession
Home40%
Away60%
Shots
Home5
Away7
Shots on Target
Home1
Away3
Corners
Home2
Away8
Fouls
Home18
Away8
yeah pretty even huh ! 
:P

We were saying that you lot had a lot of possession but the main stat isn't too convincing .  3 shots on target to our 1  .  We were actually the more dominant and fitter looking side in the last quarter but that doesn't show in the stat chart. Also corners don't win matches  and the foul count is down to the ref's interpretation.  As I said  I don't think a draw would have upset anyone.    

Fair play to you guys though for holding on at the end for the win. 

1 minute ago, theoriginalhedge said:

We were saying that you lot had a lot of possession but the main stat isn't too convincing .  3 shots on target to our 1  .  We were actually the more dominant and fitter looking side in the last quarter but that doesn't show in the stat chart. Also corners don't win matches  and the foul count is down to the ref's interpretation.  As I said  I don't think a draw would have upset anyone.    

Of course you guys dominated the last 15 mins, 1 down at home !! pretty common in this type of game situation you see it all the time . but brechin will bounce back, they are not there by accident !

your pies were rotten BTW, but nice staff and  I liked my first visit to glebe park tidy wee ground !, amazed this was my first visit been following alloa since the totten days!

Sorry but i thought your pies were rotten aswell, yeah i enjoyed my first visit aswell..good wee setup.

Draw would have been a good result for us yes, glad we got the 3 points though and livi getting beat just makes it all better.

31 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I hope your mate's  radio didn't distract you from what really went on today !!  ;)

You guys make me laugh thinking I don't go to the games.Its obvious we have different views of the game,the fact that mine are fair and yours is blinkered towards Brechin.

Agree with it all ! Hungrier team won and could ve won more comfortably .... Finn Graham must be gutted at being dropped for his pal Spencey ... We re going along fine and can t win them all I d blame Dods today far too negative for 80 mins once we did start attacking we coulda scored 3 or 4 but woulda been a total robbery .... Trouts and Jacko were quiet today although Trouts has nt been same since he returned.... 

4 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

You guys make me laugh thinking I don't go to the games.Its obvious we have different views of the game,the fact that mine are fair and yours is blinkered towards Brechin.

Oh we have no doubt you go to the games but the fact that you NEVER see anything positive in Brechin makes your statement all the more laughable.  I saw at least 3 step over moves from Jackson today which would have been highlighted all week on social media and MOTD .  Pabs had two or three  runs out of defence beating players as if they weren't there. Our change of play was fluent  and positive   (which  looked a lot more professional than those donkeys at Hampden last week  who went sideways and back ) and our defending was spot on .  We lost a goal which was a combination of a well hit free kick which took a wicked bounce off the wet surface and eluded everyone. 

I am an eternal optimist who wants my side to do well.  I thought we performed really well against a really well organised and efficient side who are quite rightly one of the favourites for the league . What I object to is people always looking for the negatives .  I want us to win every game but am realistic in knowing  that it is not going to happen . I will though support our team and encourage them in every way I can. 

The radio reference was obviously lost on you .  I thought I heard a radio when I passed you and your pal in the second half , that's all. ;)

1 minute ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Very surprised Brechin subbed Love, who was exploiting the gaps and causing problems.

Thought we dominated the majority of the game and deserved the win. Cawley and Flannigan excellent. A great 3 points.

Aye , I thought that too but we were chasing the game at that point and Love was starting to tire.  Caldwell was a different option for us , fresh legs and a bit of presence in the box. It almost paid off but he couldn't quite get his foot on at least one of the 2 tantalizing cut backs in the last 5 mins. 

The delight on the Alloa players' faces at time up showed the importance of that win to them. 

Alloa dominated posession and where by far the better team the first half , they had the slope and the wind tho and for all there domination the had 0 shots on  target that I can recal, our defenc as its been all season was different class, second half much more even tho I think we shaded it Alloa got there goal, after that we had the best chance of the game(I've no idea how you keeper saved it) and no one can deny a stone wall pen disallowed, we weren't anywhere near as good as we can be but a draw on chances would have been a fair reflection on the game, well done Alloa tho, you came to win and you did it's only a quarter of the season played and I honestly think we should fear no one, Alloa are the best team I've seen This season  tho so fair play, Goodwin is finished

Archived