Brechin Vs Alloa

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep I was there.I'm still stumped at Spence a loanee who has been shite since he has comeback get a start before Fin Graham who was brilliant before getting dropped.

As much as I hate to say it have to agree Fin is a much better player then Spence and should never have been dropped

20 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

As much as I hate to say it have to agree Fin is a much better player then Spence and should never have been dropped

Thank God you two are not picking the team. Spence ran the midfield the first half then faded in the second.

We were not good enough today and although Alloa had all the possession they did nae have much clear cut chances.

We huffed and puffed - I called the subs correct but about 15 minutes before Dods - wish he would act a bit sooner.

Agree re comments around Fin but think Spence brought on to give a bit more creativity - just has not happened.

I do not want to hear that its still better than last year, yes it is but we have put ourselves in a good place and need to show more ambition than today - we invited Alloa to have loads of possession. Too many loose passes, not enough fluency and or enough opportunities. Yes had chances and yes should have had a penalty but overall not good enough today.

Next week.....

1 minute ago, OldRed said:

Thank God you two are not picking the team. Spence ran the midfield the first half then faded in the second.

What midfield - dinnae think he did. Thought our first half performance was based on not winning the midfield and sitting too deep.

Don't get the reasoning 4 dropping Graham. Football is no different from any other profession. It's all about confidence and building confidence.the decision to drop Graham will not have done him any good.in my view he has done well.to drop him for a loan player is not a good decision from DD. But this is football and radical thinking goes right out the window. onwards n upwards. Mon the City

That could be an excellent 3 points for us, absolutely over the moon, especially with livi dropping points.

I expected a tougher test with the likes of jacko and trouten in your team but i think you offered very little going forward today, dont know if we stopped you playing or it was an off day for you.

As for the team i thought we played ok, think it was the right choice to drop ben as andy graham has been one of our stand out performers this season, today was no different.

27 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

That could be an excellent 3 points for us, absolutely over the moon, especially with livi dropping points.

I expected a tougher test with the likes of jacko and trouten in your team but i think you offered very little going forward today, dont know if we stopped you playing or it was an off day for you.

As for the team i thought we played ok, think it was the right choice to drop ben as andy graham has been one of our stand out performers this season, today was no different.

Whilst I accept You had the bulk of the attacking play to say we offered very little going forward is, frankly, insulting. How many goal mouth scrambles at your end were there in the last 15 minutes? We could easily have had an equaliser if one of about 4 efforts had not been blazed over. It was a good game in difficult conditions. Get real.

Whilst I accept You had the bulk of the attacking play to say we offered very little going forward is, frankly, insulting. How many goal mouth scrambles at your end were there in the last 15 minutes? We could easily have had an equaliser if one of about 4 efforts had not been blazed over. It was a good game in difficult conditions. Get real.

Could maybe name a couple of chances, our goalkeeper hardly had anything to do...maybe you could argue second half but nothing first half.

3 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Could maybe name a couple of chances, our goalkeeper hardly had anything to do...maybe you could argue second half but nothing first half.

Agreed the scoreline reflected the reality , we were all over you first half . expected better from brechin!

Archived