Livi v Albion Rovers

Hopkin. Out.

Tactically inept, he doesn't have the makings of any kind of manager. To take off the players he did and leave Miller who was absolutely shite on the park and leave Byrne on the pitch who disappeared yet again says it all.

Why not, when we see 3 at the back isn't working, put Neill on for Miller at half time (Who was at fault for the 1st goal by standing off). Bring Watt on for Byrne, put Mullen out wide and ball greedy Buchanan on his own up front. After that Mullin for Knox would've stabilised us in the middle. We'd have had Cadden and Mullen taking players on down the wings with Buchanan ready in the middle.

Instead we take off our two wingers and put on a forward who was useless and Pittman who has been the best player for us this season by far. Even keeping Buchanan on the park is a dodgy choice from Hopkin.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Wasps1 said:

Please keep Hopkin he hasn't got a clue 

Managed to square away your side with consummate ease. :lol: 

He's not a complete buffoon, he's just incredibly naive/stubborn at points. He's not a manager by any stretch, just doesn't have the tactical flexibility to have us winning this league IMO. Just depends if our board decide to give him the time to figure out some semblance of tactical flexibility.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Should maybe take your own advice, Hopkin managed to beat both Alloa and Brechin the first time around.

Doesn't speak much about him though, I could've done that with the team we have

7 minutes ago, Wasps1 said:

I would wait till next week to make any comment dude 

It's a matter of fact, bro. Soz.

5 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Josh who?

You want him back? I would've taken vintage Spas Georgiev over him today, as good as he was last week.

Just now, ATLIS said:

Doesn't speak much about him though, I could've done that with the team we have

Maybe but if he gets slagged off when we lose he deserves a bit of credit when we win, can't have it both ways. We're only a point off top spot after the first quarter. We've struggled against 3 teams but won all the rest of our games quite comfortably, and scored quite a few goals in some of them. Great when it all goes well for us but just have to take it on the chin when it doesn't and see how we do in the next quarter before calling for Hopkin's head.

Just now, Afro said:

It's a matter of fact, bro. Soz.

You want him back? I would've taken vintage Spas Georgiev over him today, as good as he was last week.

Bit harsh, Mullin has  been outstanding in most games, would have him over Georgiev every time.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Maybe but if he gets slagged off when we lose he deserves a bit of credit when we win, can't have it both ways. We're only a point off top spot after the first quarter. We've struggled against 3 teams but won all the rest of our games quite comfortably, and scored quite a few goals in some of them. Great when it all goes well for us but just have to take it on the chin when it doesn't and see how we do in the next quarter before calling for Hopkin's head.

Aye, I agree with you there - it's a bit early to be calling for him to go at the moment. If we hadn't beaten Alloa and Brechin there'd be fairly substantial pressure on him to go I think, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until Christmas at least.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Bit harsh, Mullin has  been outstanding in most games, would have him over Georgiev every time.

Anonymous today for me today, our style of play didn't help in the regard but he has played a lot better this season.

Think the real disappointment has been Cadden tbh, looked a gem in pre-season but he's been a totally different player since he came back from injury. Same goes for Longridge, too. Rushed back too soon?

Jeez we really are a grim bunch eh

We are a point of the top of the table, it was a poor performance today no doubt, but we aren't going to win every game in the league. 

Hopkin has built a decent team and for the most part has us playing some nice football, obviously not today but we are still plus 9 goal difference which tells a story. 

Give him a chance, it was all too familiar today sitting listening to the nonsense coming from the home end, Sacking manager after manager isn't going to help anyone, a win next week and all of a sudden everyone is praising him again.

And before anyone says I'm not a happy clapper, I'm a realist. 

As for Josh Mullin, very harsh indeed, he's been in top form for us this season, been one of our best players for me.

Come on guys, we where so positive last week, Alloa at home next, win that and we may go top again, give the management and the team a break and get behind them. 

Hopkins signed nearly a full team and still managed to get us relegated , he's now signed nearly another full team for this season , we train full time and play against 8 part time team , if Hopkins was any kind of manger we would be sitting 5 or six points clear ... But we are not , I've only made 3 games this season due to work but all 3 games we have looked average , correct in saying we can't keep changing managers but we need to get a manager first , not just two guys that stands and shout as loud as they can 

As has been said, generously, by one of the Livi fans, above, we played an excellent away strategy and deserved the win, despite conceding most of the possession and territory. Superb performances from Boyd - can we keep him? - and Wallace. Regarding Josh Mullin - poor game today, perhaps the result of an early reducer from Alan Reid, but you have a decent player there and should be developing him. As has been said, Cadden posted missing, Byrne wasteful of possession and Buchanan looks a shadow of his former self. Did I read the sign correctly, £5 to park at the ground? Outrageous, IMO.

As has been said, generously, by one of the Livi fans, above, we played an excellent away strategy and deserved the win, despite conceding most of the possession and territory. Superb performances from Boyd - can we keep him? - and Wallace. Regarding Josh Mullin - poor game today, perhaps the result of an early reducer from Alan Reid, but you have a decent player there and should be developing him. As has been said, Cadden posted missing, Byrne wasteful of possession and Buchanan looks a shadow of his former self. Did I read the sign correctly, £5 to park at the ground? Outrageous, IMO.

They wanted £10 for the supporters bus

Archived