Livi v Albion Rovers

12 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

don't mind having hopkin here as assistant but martindale aka c**t head won't budge

I agree. I think Hopkin would benefit greatly from having an experienced assistant alongside him. Sadly, if you believe what you hear, we'd go tits up if DM left.

Allegedly.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ross done no better  than Hopkins .... Come on , part time team ... Quarter final of cup only beaten by Celtic and beating Inverness on the way , there is no way Hopkins could ever set a team up to beat an spl team . As I said on budget and being full time we should be points ahead of the rest . Not scrapping it out with them

16 hours ago, Afro said:

I agree. I think Hopkin would benefit greatly from having an experienced assistant alongside him. Sadly, if you believe what you hear, we'd go tits up if DM left.

Allegedly.

Hopkin's about 48 - what do you suggest ? an 80 year old???  Maybe one of the McLeans?  A very convenient rumour - i think it was Gnaw that started to spread it on here...(so its straight from the horses mouth then!)

16 hours ago, champsfan said:

Ross done no better  than Hopkins .... Come on , part time team ... Quarter final of cup only beaten by Celtic and beating Inverness on the way , there is no way Hopkins could ever set a team up to beat an spl team . As I said on budget and being full time we should be points ahead of the rest . Not scrapping it out with them

He's done no better than Hopkin in the league, but he can't win with you, doesn't matter what he does you're just not going to give him a break. I don't know the difference in budgets but I know Alloa are a better run club than Livi, so swings and roundabouts where budgets are concerned. Alloa's manager wont have to deal with off field troubles, when was the last time we went a season without a fine/points deduction/signing embargo/or some financial problem, or gone a whole season without sacking our manager.

We aren't Sevco with millions of pounds more than the other teams, you're kidding yourself on if you think we have that great a budget we should be miles ahead of the other teams, feck Hibs have a far greater budget than the rest of the Championship teams and are level with QoS and only 3 points ahead of Utd in 4th place, and we aren't anywhere near comparable to them. Airdrie are FT too and look where they are, you're being a bit disrespectful to well run PT teams. We had a far bigger budget and better quality players under Bollan and we didn't run away with the league at this stage of the season, it was after January when we opened up a gap, but as I said, we haven't the budget we had then and there isn't much in it to be thinking we have the right to skoosh this league.

All i'm bothered about is how we do in the league, and getting back into the Championship, so far he's doing alright, and has us a point off the top of the league, i'm happy to give him a break and see where we are after 18 games.

7 hours ago, teekasule said:

quick question - Any highlights of Livi home games these days ? The Livi twitter guy is ignoring me...

Cheers Tee. 

No lie Livi Twitter guys to ignore people. They always have lots to say :D

We're supposed to have highlights but no idea if it's still happening or not. The old team stood down and it's never ever been the same to be honest. 

Last highlights put up were Queen's Park, so we're 5 league games behind till they catch up, isn't going to be anytime soon that Rovers highlights get done.

I've noticed our OS twitter only gets opened up to tweets from our fans when we win a game, lol.

13 hours ago, Livithegreat said:

No lie Livi Twitter guys to ignore people. They always have lots to say :D

We're supposed to have highlights but no idea if it's still happening or not. The old team stood down and it's never ever been the same to be honest. 

I'm sure someone would actually do it if it were paid, but trying to travel to the game on a volunteer wage doesn't help. Especially since to have 100% availability for it you'd need to have a flexible job elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I'm sure someone would actually do it if it were paid, but trying to travel to the game on a volunteer wage doesn't help. Especially since to have 100% availability for it you'd need to have a flexible job elsewhere.

I do the filming not the highlights with another guy and we do not get paid I know it's all good going to the football for free with the media but it takes its toll when your not getting paid especially Peterhead away that was a expense they will not pay us until they get a sponsor I think that's what they told us last season. 

3 hours ago, Liviguy said:

I do the filming not the highlights with another guy and we do not get paid I know it's all good going to the football for free with the media but it takes its toll when your not getting paid especially Peterhead away that was a expense they will not pay us until they get a sponsor I think that's what they told us last season. 

Sorry to sound like a bit of a dickhead but wouldn't it be easier to have one guy for filming and editing? Would save a wage no?

12 hours ago, Liviguy said:

Stick the whole match up ! :)

12 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Not sure the club has any money to pay people

Again not trying to sound like a dick but if the matches are filmed how is it taking so long to get them up.

2 hours ago, AMC13 said:

Again not trying to sound like a dick but if the matches are filmed how is it taking so long to get them up.

We have gave the games for the guy who does the highlights but he has been in and out of hospital and is not feeling too well at the moment I don't have the equipment to edit them and the other guy is busy with work we know it's annoying for supporters that they can't see the highlights of the games but we are doing our best with what we have got after the new year should be a different story and should have highlights every week because I'm coming in to some equipment myself and I should be able to do the highlights.

Archived