Whitburn Manager Sacked

mmcilw

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, crossgates13 said:

Wtf do some committees want emoji20.png

Progression from last season which saw us promoted and now sees us second bottom of the Premier League thanks to a complete change of tactics from those which got us promoted in the first place for no obvious reason. Add to that some strange team selections and players playing out of position and you might begin to understand what our committee wants.

A winning team. Whitburn once had a team up there in the Super League and it is only natural that they have aspirations and a goal to get back to where they belong. It was obvious in the last few games that Tom had lost the confidence of the players. In respect to him he did a good job in getting us promotion so we wish him well for the future.

The change in formation and playing players out of position didn't help toms cause though id have been happy with consolidation this season in a harder league though we'd like to be a super league club and competing for trophies we are years away from even thinking about competing on a regular basis 

He hardly strengthened  the team wether it was down to money,but the guy done a great job getting  them there after only his second season.I think they have got rid of him too early as I reckoned he would have steered them clear of relegation with only 3 teams going down this season.

1 hour ago, burnie loyal said:

The change in formation and playing players out of position didn't help toms cause though id have been happy with consolidation this season in a harder league though we'd like to be a super league club and competing for trophies we are years away from even thinking about competing on a regular basis 

Totally agree with you there.Not all sides have a devine right to win South league then premier back to back like some Whitburn folk expect to happen unless they have crazy money to throw about which I doubt they have,once bitten twice shy,don't think they would like to go down that road again.

Having watched numerous games in premier this season and that includes Whitburn twice. All I would say is you can only pisss with the cock you are given.
That set of players are in about the correct position.
Whether recruitment is the managers fault I do not know.

Tom deserves credit for getting Whitburn into the premier,they are where they are due to a lack of money. Its pure fantasy all this talk of the super league etc. What Whitburn need now is a manager who can work with what little money he gets. That may get us to the super league but it wont keep us there,agree with Simmy dave cowan fits the bill.

I take it his formation and tactics were ok to beat a super league team in the Scottish
Sometimes you have to work through the bad times rather than bullet the management and with other sides have realistic expectations [emoji460]️

Well said

In the premier is there is a lot of travelling. Cost of buses mounts up over a season which then may affect player budgets.

The premier is a hard league  to get out of. Most of the teams will take points of each other. Might have been better letting the manager carry on for a few more months  and hopefully climb up the table.

Having watched numerous games in premier this season and that includes Whitburn twice. All I would say is you can only pisss with the cock you are given.
That set of players are in about the correct position.
Whether recruitment is the managers fault I do not know.

I have watched them twice this season also and think they are In a false position. They are no way the second worst team in the premier league and would imagine they will noT be in the relegation scrap at the end of the season

20 hours ago, budgie smuggler said:

I would imagine a few people will be interested in the job or do the committee have someone lined up already?

I guess the Whitburn committee, to their credit, have learned from past experience. Keeping a previous manager in the job despite years of under-achievement put Whitburn in the position they are now.

Archived